ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shanz
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shanz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Dear Shahjee.
I ask some questions about a week ago, but no one reply, will u plz let me know,,,,,, I'm applying for my two kids 3 and 5 year's old using MN1 Form Section 1(3). Do I need to fill section 4 (Good Character) ?
thanks in advance brother

ziqbal
Newly Registered

Post by ziqbal » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Thanks ShahJee

Bigboy86

GAP or NOT According to SAR

Post by Bigboy86 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:27 pm

good afternoon all the senior moderators (ginny sha g amber)

i have received my SAR report and according to the report i have a gap in 2009 for 92 days. (already established that couple of months ago through this forum and am dealing with it)

but in 2006 home office sent my application back saying that my bank statement is not correct and for me to send again, which i did within 10 days of receiving the letter. (i do remember that i didn't pay twice just once)

now when i look at the SAR report summary for 2006 application, it says all the details of the correspondence from them, but it also says it is "IN TIME APPLICATION" in front of the correspondence which i sent.

will it still be considered as a gap

thanks in advancea

tumbin
Newly Registered

Post by tumbin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:28 pm

shanz wrote:Dear Shahjee.
I ask some questions about a week ago, but no one reply, will u plz let me know,,,,,, I'm applying for my two kids 3 and 5 year's old using MN1 Form Section 1(3). Do I need to fill section 4 (Good Character) ?
thanks in advance brother
Dear Shanz,

It clearly mention on the form the that you dont need to fill in if applicant is under 10 years old. I have applied my son nationality and didnt fill in part 4 and got nationality in 4 weeks
I hope it helps

Regards

shanz
Newly Registered

Post by shanz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:38 pm

thanks a lot tumbin

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

ChMoz wrote:Hi Everyone,
Is there anyone who is waiting applied in march 14 , or first week of April ? :?:

As I ve applied 29th March 14.

And my friends who have been called for an interview, how long after the applied date was it? :?:

Advance Thanks all of you for your replies !
a large part of that depends on when you submitted your biometrics as well as if your case was straight forward or not?

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi everyone, my time line are as follows
Application received by HO : 30 May 2014
Acknowledgement letter dated: 03 June 2014
Received on the : 9 June 2014
Biometric done on :18 June 2014
Decision : waiting

I was just wondering, my local MP sent them a letter about 2-3 weeks ago, asking if HO can process my application ASAP. Haven't heard anything yet.

The only reason I got my MP involve is because I haven't been working since December 2013 and so bored, basically running out of money.
Does anyone think that HO will take the MP letter into consideration?

Please respond
Regards rk1506

Bigboy86

Re: GAP or NOT According to SAR

Post by Bigboy86 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:51 pm

anyone please care to comment

Bigboy86 wrote:good afternoon all the senior moderators (ginny sha g amber)

i have received my SAR report and according to the report i have a gap in 2009 for 92 days. (already established that couple of months ago through this forum and am dealing with it)

but in 2006 home office sent my application back saying that my bank statement is not correct and for me to send again, which i did within 10 days of receiving the letter. (i do remember that i didn't pay twice just once)

now when i look at the SAR report summary for 2006 application, it says all the details of the correspondence from them, but it also says it is "IN TIME APPLICATION" in front of the correspondence which i sent.

will it still be considered as a gap

thanks in advancea

kesh001
Newly Registered

Post by kesh001 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Hello All ,
Urgent response required PLEASE.

I am applying for 10 year long residence (ilr) indefinite leave to remain. I have a concern regarding a possible
break in my ten year stay. Here are the details below :

Arrived 21/09/2004 - 2 year working holiday visa
I applied for student visa jun 2006 which was refused on the 15/08/2006 due to a mistake on my student letter.
My college corrected this on the 26/08/2006 but advised me to reapply from outside the UK because I would not be covered under
the 3C rule. I left uk on the 29/08/2006 with the understanding I had 28 day extension after my refusal to leave the country without
breaking any rules and would not lose the 2 years I already stayed. My student visa was granted and I returned after 147 days.

All my application have been on time and I have never overstayed at any point of my residence. Please let me know if I can apply for my ILR this year as on the 22/09/2014 will be 10 years.

Thank you .

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:41 pm

[quote="KashRIz"]Hey Nasir.....good man Yea I have been away on holiday and had break. Hows you man, yea Mrs got stuck into Flr(m) but now cant do much have to wait. Hows you any way...

hope you had nice break.you can expect any thing from home office

i am fyn.My Mrs got 2 year visa.Will apply for her SET(M) in first week of September.Let see what happen.need your prayers.

Good Luck for future and take care

Regards

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:08 pm

helostar wrote:hi all
can any one explain if applying for SET (LR)
if any one pay by postal order and form says go to section A19 ,,but there is no such section,,,,
can any one breif it please
and secondly, do i need to sign page 23 of SET(LR) says: the account with the bank or utility company is in the joint names of the application and other people , each of those others should sign the following.
if i dont have joint account???
please advice
thanks
helostar

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm

B1 ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST.

Dear all,

need some help regarding the B1 english test, I have look at the file list of the test but not sure which test mr Mrs need to take to meet english language requirements.

as i have find following B1 in the HO list.

Cambridge English: Key (also known as Key English Test) B1

Cambridge English: Preliminary (also known as Preliminary English Test) B1

Cambridge English: First (also known as First Certificate in English) B1

Cambridge English: Business Preliminary (also known as Business English Certificate Preliminary) B1

Cambridge English: Business Vantage (also known as Business English Certificate Vantage) B1

ESOL Skills for Life Entry 3 ..... B1

kindly can someone tell me which B1 test we need to take ? as per my understanding its Cambridge English: Key (Also known as Key English Test)

any suggestion and advice will be highly appreciated.

regards
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

MazUK
Newly Registered

Post by MazUK » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Rehan01

Recently I did a research for my wife's B1 and got the following information

The Cambridge equivalent B1 is PET (Preliminary English Test) which has no expiry.
PET consists of 3 sections: Reading & Writing, Listening and Speaking. Usually the Speaking test held on a different day/location. She can do the test either paper based or computer based.
Please note that results for computer-based exams are available approx. 2 weeks after the exam and between 4-6 weeks for papers-based exams.

You can find more information on the following link
http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams/preliminary/

You can do the exam at the following centre
http://www.londoncrestopencentre.com/pe ... lish-test/

Or

She can do the B1 from trinity college which is speaking and listening and it's valid for 2 years.
http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

List of HO approved test providers
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2014.pdf

Hope it helps

Can one of the senior members confirm please

Peace

rehan01 wrote:B1 ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST.

Dear all,

need some help regarding the B1 english test, I have look at the file list of the test but not sure which test mr Mrs need to take to meet english language requirements.

as i have find following B1 in the HO list.

Cambridge English: Key (also known as Key English Test) B1

Cambridge English: Preliminary (also known as Preliminary English Test) B1

Cambridge English: First (also known as First Certificate in English) B1

Cambridge English: Business Preliminary (also known as Business English Certificate Preliminary) B1

Cambridge English: Business Vantage (also known as Business English Certificate Vantage) B1

ESOL Skills for Life Entry 3 ..... B1

kindly can someone tell me which B1 test we need to take ? as per my understanding its Cambridge English: Key (Also known as Key English Test)

any suggestion and advice will be highly appreciated.

regards

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:59 pm

rk1506 wrote:Hi everyone, my time line are as follows
Application received by HO : 30 May 2014
Acknowledgement letter dated: 03 June 2014
Received on the : 9 June 2014
Biometric done on :18 June 2014
Decision : waiting

I was just wondering, my local MP sent them a letter about 2-3 weeks ago, asking if HO can process my application ASAP. Haven't heard anything yet.

The only reason I got my MP involve is because I haven't been working since December 2013 and so bored, basically running out of money.
Does anyone think that HO will take the MP letter into consideration?

Please respond
Regards rk1506
Yea HO respond to MP letter. I also sent them letter through my MP and they gave details reply about my case status in two weeks . They prioritise your application only if there are some compassionate grounds . Good luck

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi Shahjee/Senior members,

I have applied for my ILR SET(LR) this month. As my dependent's visa expires next month, I would be sending the dependent's FLR(M) application next week. I am going to request them to hold the FLR(M) application until a decision has been made on my SET(LR) application.

While filling the FLR(M) application, I have got few queries.

1. In section 2 (Page 12), what option should I tick for 2.1, as I am not yet a settled person in UK ?

2. We have answered "No" for question in 2.2. What option should we tick for the question 2.3 (Page 12) ?

3. What should I fill for question 3.15 (Page 15) ? It asks when did I obtain settlement but I wouldn't have at the time of submitting this FLR(M) application.

I would be grateful if you could address these above queries.

Thanks

kesh001
Newly Registered

Break in the 10 year residence due to a refusal

Post by kesh001 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Hello All ,

I am applying for 10 year long residence (ilr) indefinite leave to remain. I have a concern regarding a possible

I applied for student visa jun 2006 which was refused on the 15/08/2006 due to a mistake on my student letter.
My college corrected this on the 26/08/2006 but advised me to reapply from outside the UK because I would not be covered under
the 3C rule. I left uk on the 29/08/2006 with the understanding I had 28 day extension after my refusal to leave the country without
breaking any rules and would not lose the 2 years I already stayed. My student visa was granted and I returned after 147 days.

All my application have been on time and I have never overstayed at any point of my residence. Please let me know if I can apply for my ILR this year as on the 22/09/2014 will be 10 years.

Thank you .

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:03 am

hello all,

visa application form set ilr page 14,new requirement.new addition,what should we write in it or what if we leave it blank,ridiculous requirement.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: Break in the 10 year residence due to a refusal

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 am

kesh001 wrote:Hello All ,

Thank you .
Assuming you arrived on 21/9/04 with 2 year whv, you would have had leave to remain till 21/9/06.

you left on 29/8/06 when this leave would have been valid.

you stayed away for less tha 180 days and you had valid leave/visa when you left as well as when you entered than yes you can apply this year.

many ifs and buts. you need to be clear on the facts.

shahabrar
Newly Registered

Post by shahabrar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:21 am

Hi Guys And Gurus
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Can my dependents apply with me?
If no will I have to apply their visa after my ILR?
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance

tumbin
Newly Registered

Post by tumbin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:57 am

shahabrar wrote:Hi Guys And Gurus
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
Thanks in Advance
Dear Shahabrar,

You can apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years so if u apply now you will probably get ur ILR in Jan/Feb by that time ur wife 10 year completed as well again she can apply 28 days in advance for her ILR. Regarding children , anyone born here can apply for nationality after one of u get ILR. so dont worry too much about children does not matter where they were born, once one of u get ILR they will be sorted automatically.
I hope it clear ur confusion.
Regards

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:31 am

Hi modern_newton, thanks for your reply. Any chance you can explain me a bit more what you meant by compassionate ground please. When u said you got a response in 2 weeks, you mean from MP or from HO! If HO, does that mean you got your ilr processed quicker! I haven't heard from neither my MP or HO so far.
Thx man

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:33 am

helostar wrote:
helostar wrote:hi all
can any one explain if applying for SET (LR)
if any one pay by postal order and form says go to section A19 ,,but there is no such section,,,,
can any one breif it please
and secondly, do i need to sign page 23 of SET(LR) says: the account with the bank or utility company is in the joint names of the application and other people , each of those others should sign the following.
if i dont have joint account???
please advice
thanks
helostar
UKBA forms are full of mistakes so ignore A19 cos it doesn't exits
I recently applied SET (LR) and submit joint account bank statements (my & my mrs) so both of us had sign that box on page 23.

If you don't submitting any joint account / utility bill then don't sign it.

Hope it helps
N/A

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 am

Tier 4 wrote:UKBA forms are full of mistakes so ignore A19 cos it doesn't exits
Ain't that the truth

amason

Post by amason » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 pm

tumbin wrote:
shahabrar wrote:Hi Guys And Gurus
My first question is
Thanks in Advance
Dear Shahabrar,

You can apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years so if u apply now you will probably get ur ILR in Jan/Feb by that time ur wife 10 year completed as well again she can apply 28 days in advance for her ILR. Regarding children , anyone born here can apply for nationality after one of u get ILR. so dont worry too much about children does not matter where they were born, once one of u get ILR they will be sorted automatically.
I hope it clear ur confusion.
Regards

On the contrary, it matters where a child was born. A UK born just needs to register as British after a parent gets ILR however if born abroad; the child will need to apply for ILR first. So the son who came from abroad will also have apply for ILR

afridi786786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786786 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi everyone

Please help me out I really in trouble it is my first time ever on this site.
I had Tier 2 PBS and my wife and son came to UK as Tier 2 pbs dependent before October 2010.
I got ILR in Feb 2014 on 10 yrs bases. Now my dependent visa going to expire on 10 Oct 2014 now I am not sure
a. Should she and my son apply for ILR? And which application should we use?
b. Should they apply for extension? And which application should we use?

If they (my dependent) go for extension should they need to fulfil financial requirement? Because when I got ILR in Feb 14 and new rules introduce in April 2014 then I Phone Home Office twice on 23 April 2014 to confirm whether new rules apply on us or not they say NO because dependent arrived before 09 July 2012 so new rules not for you. So I went for holidays and it was for 11 weeks (almost 3 months) as a result my wages not being paid. But when I came back FLR (M) application change and I got trouble I do not know new rules for me or not. Now my question is if we have to fulfil financial requirement than how home office will calculate whether they will accept my holiday pay and holidays without pay. My annual salary is £20 K and I am working with same employer from last 5 years. Or they will only count wages /salary I receive.
Please also let me know my wife work as part timer but she get wages via cash and we use cash straight way without paid into bank R Home office will accepts as earning or we have to get wages via bank?
My wife she pass level A English test is it ok for extension.
I really appreciate everyone efforts please let me know
I look forward to hearing from you
Thanks