ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general Dependant online application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avaixhah

Tier 2 general Dependant online application

Post by avaixhah » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 am

Hi,

I am going to Pakistan to get married and at the moment i am preparing all the documents so i can apply for her after our wedding. I know one has to apply online and submit the documents at Gerrys, my question is can i apply online and fill her application form while i am in UK? or she has to do by herself?

thanks in advance.

Syed

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 general Dependant online application

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am

It's an online form. Anyone can fill it from anywhere. However, at the end, she needs to sign her application and attend the biometrics personally.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:54 am

avaixhah wrote:Hi,

I am going to Pakistan to get married and at the moment i am preparing all the documents so i can apply for her after our wedding. I know one has to apply online and submit the documents at Gerrys, my question is can i apply online and fill her application form while i am in UK? or she has to do by herself?

thanks in advance.

Syed

first get married , prepare documents

Nikkah Nama , its English Transalation ( i think it also need to be verified some someone), registration/ verification of Nikkah from Nadra office.
your tickets to pk , your wedding card , your wedding pictures.

manage show maintenance either in shape of maintenance certificate (if your employer is A rated) or your documents

appropriate accommodation , like if you got own / rented house so its documents , council tax bill + utility bills named to you

I know it is very difficult to live separate for married couple , but most of my known friends wait for few months and managed all above and then applied.
Khurram

avaixhah

Post by avaixhah » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:11 pm

thanks for everyone,

can someone send me a link of appropriate form? what the form called?

I have made all the documents which required from here e.g employer letter, bank statements, tenancy agreement, landlord NOC, home inspection report.

I believe rest of the documents can be arranged from there once i arrived there and i can apply for by myself rather then coming back and then arranging the documents and then apply, can't wait for ages.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:01 pm

visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

apparently it wont take long, visa decision should be within 2-3 weeks, in some cases within a week.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Visa guideline quite different for Pakistan (specially for wife's visa) , in guideline it does not say Nikkah Nama must be registered with Nadra , or provide B Form.. they ask for translated copy of docs.

My wife had to attested our urdu nikkah nama as well from authorities (We lived in cantt borad so attested from cantt authorities) now i dont know who has authorities as we dont have local bodies now.

Gerry also stopped there helpline , which is quite frustrating.
Khurram

avaixhah

Post by avaixhah » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:51 am

Khurram,

you are right the guide lines are not quite clear, even its more hard for me as i am from Kashmir i have to find out which are the authorities where nikah nama should be registered.

has anyone applied from kashmir for dependant visa let me know please?

glad to know that visa processing time is quite fast.