ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs in UK that arrage a working permit for employees

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barm22
Newly Registered

Jobs in UK that arrage a working permit for employees

Post by barm22 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:41 pm

Hey, I would like to move to UK and wanted to ask if there is any chance I could find a job in UK that will arrange for me a working permit and hire me for about 5 years.
I'm 18 with only high-school education.
I'm 99% sure that I have no chance but it worth asking.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Jobs in UK that arrage a working permit for employees

Post by sakura » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:14 pm

barm22 wrote:Hey, I would like to move to UK and wanted to ask if there is any chance I could find a job in UK that will arrange for me a working permit and hire me for about 5 years.
Try 100% sure that you have no chance! :lol:
A work permit, whilst not necessarily for the highly skilled, is for companies/employers who can prove that they cannot find anyone with the skills they're looking for. Thus far, the UK has a youth population of about 15 million, with many of them with GCSEs/A Levels/other qualifications (same level as you), so unless you speak 60 languages fluently or have some other stupendous ability, you won't be able to beat the UK labour market.

Go to university (or study here in the UK), and then try again.

barm22
Newly Registered

Post by barm22 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:33 pm

sakura wrote:
barm22 wrote:Hey, I would like to move to UK and wanted to ask if there is any chance I could find a job in UK that will arrange for me a working permit and hire me for about 5 years.
A work permit, whilst not necessarily for the highly skilled, is for companies/employers who can prove that they cannot find anyone with the skills they're looking for. Thus far, the UK has a youth population of about 15 million, with many of them with GCSEs/A Levels/other qualifications (same level as you), so unless you speak 60 languages fluently or have some other stupendous ability, you won't be able to beat the UK labour market.

Thanks for the awnser , just wanted to be sure..
I speak 2 languges fluently, I used to speak 3 fluently and 1 languge alittle bit but forgot them over the years .
I would try to get a Romanian citizenship...
Which kind of profession someone that want to move to england need? a doctor or a lawyer?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:27 pm

barm22 wrote:
sakura wrote:

Thanks for the awnser , just wanted to be sure..
I speak 2 languges fluently, I used to speak 3 fluently and 1 languge alittle bit but forgot them over the years .
I would try to get a Romanian citizenship...
Which kind of profession someone that want to move to england need? a doctor or a lawyer?
Any job, as long as they prove they require your skills. But obviously if it's something like "sales assistant" in Harrods, then forget it. Look through the workingintheuk website, and also look at some job sites like doctorjob, Monster UK, etc. But remember, if you don't have a degree, it is very very difficult, because most people in the UK would be able to beat your skills, even if you speak two languages (it isn't only languages, but also other skills like research, work experience, etc, that counts).

Good luck - and do some research!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:42 pm

I would have thought so
barm22 wrote: I have no chance but it worth asking.
Pantaiema