ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with 6 months stamp

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Taytay
Newly Registered

Travel with 6 months stamp

Post by Taytay » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi,

If I arrive in the UK stating I'm an eea family member and receive a 6 months stamp, I'm I allowed to travel in and out of the UK as I please during this period?

What if I apply for eea2 after I've entered the country with stamp. Then ask for my passport back since I haven't received my RC. Do I need to apply for anything else or can I still use that valid stamp?

Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Travel with 6 months stamp

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 pm

Taytay wrote:If I arrive in the UK stating I'm an eea family member and receive a 6 months stamp, I'm I allowed to travel in and out of the UK as I please during this period?

What if I apply for eea2 after I've entered the country with stamp. Then ask for my passport back since I haven't received my RC. Do I need to apply for anything else or can I still use that valid stamp?
"As I please?". No. I would be careful.

If you are travelling with your EU citizen relative, and have a passport which does not require a UK visa, then you are likely fine. Be sure to also carry proof of your relationship. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

Travelling on your own is more problematic.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Travel with 6 months stamp

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 am

The 6 months Code 1A stamp is single entry. You will need to prove again that you ate a family member if you leave the he UK and come back. Should not be difficult if you have such evidence but can take time and can take more time if you unlucky and meet an IO who is less familiar with the EEA Regulations.

The 6 months EEA Family Permit (the vignette you apply for) is a multi entry one.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)