ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport interview not satisfied

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp0804

Passport interview not satisfied

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi All,

My wife recently appeared for passport interview(first British passport after naturalization) and we get a letter today saying "Some of the personal details you gave us during the interview did not agree with the information you provided on the application". Basically she only has her first name on her non-UK passport, UK DL and naturalization certificate. She filled the same on passport form. She by mistake mentioned in interview that she at times uses the name with my (husband's) surname, example in bank account. So we get the letter saying "Please tell me about any names you use other than the ones shown on your British nationality document. If your name has changed following your marriage, plz send us your marriage certificate"

On all her documents she only has her first name. Except (where its her first name and my surname) on a bank account and my son's birth certificate (UK born) where both her first and name first name with surname is mention.

Now question is, if we sent the marriage certificate and tell the she is also known by her first name + surname, would this have any repercussions? Example do we have to reply the passport application or naturalization? and which name would be used in her passport?

OR Would this be right to say she only use her first name as all the documents she only has her first name?

hsmp0804

Re: Passport interview not satisfied

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello,
Any suggestions please?

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Your best chance is to tell the truth exactly the way you have said here. Hiding any information will create more problem for you.

And please take this friendly advise: use surname everywhere. If you do not, you will face various problems at various steps. Unlike in India, people here do not understand how can one not have a Surname. Surname is mandatory in many cases. I remember one of my friend who could not get a mobile contract because he did not have surname (well he had one like everyone but he chose not to say it)

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:01 pm

100% agree with akash08

Do what akash08 has advised ! and approach his friendly advise as well.