ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA section 2.4 & 2.5

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timovega
Newly Registered

EEA section 2.4 & 2.5

Post by timovega » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi, I'm trying to fill my AN application but I stuck at one point.

In section 2.4 they are asking you to state on what basis you were in the UK
for over last 8 year I have been working for the same company. However there was a year when I had my own business as well as FT job. Should I list self-employment as well as my FT job or not? I have also study PT. Do I have to list it?

In section 2.5 if you exercised Treaty right in employment.
Do I have to fill it? I'm Polish and I was registered on WRS. So confused :/

My WRS contains old address of the company that I'm working for. Should I phone them and update the records or not?

bonio_j
Newly Registered

Re: EEA section 2.4 & 2.5

Post by bonio_j » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:42 pm

From what I read You have been "EU worker" for past 8 years, and this is what you should add to
the table, just split the the time and register all details in there i.e:

i would add something like that:
06-14 - EU worker - Employed full time (also owned a business between 08 and 09 on top of FT employment)

Under 2.5 as far as I remember you should have space to list all employers if you had many along
the time.

Since you have been working continuously I would restrain from putting PT studies up there since
you were exercising treaty rights based on employment in the first place, and adding studies might
lead case worker to confusion. Note there are extra requirements if you just study w/o being
employed (like private insurance), this is not the case with you but it might lead to misunderstanding,
so my advice is, skip it.

Note WRS registration date is extremely important, so you have to prove registration and residence
for 6 years (after 5 years you should gain ILR even w/o application) before you can apply for naturalisation.

timovega
Newly Registered

Post by timovega » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Thank you Bonio, could you please explain "after 5 years you should gain ILR even w/o application" as I do not understand?

bonio_j
Newly Registered

Post by bonio_j » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:38 pm

You can apply after 5 years (since WRS registration - assuming you have been working, studying, etc.) for permanent residency status - so called ILR - if you want to, having ILR status for 12 month you can apply for citizenship. You can also apply directly for naturalisation after 6 years (w/o applying for ILR first) b/s as a EU citizen you gained ILR after 5 years residency in UK even w/o applying.

sse here - chapter 6:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... let-an.pdf
New immigration regulations came into force on 30 April 2006. If you are a national of a country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April
2006, and therefore will not have to apply for indefinite leave to remain. But remember that, unless married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should normally have held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for naturalisation. This means that you may need to wait until you have been in the United Kingdom for 6 years before you can apply
I hope this is clear.

badratio

Post by badratio » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 pm

bonio_j wrote:You can apply after 5 years (since WRS registration - assuming you have been working, studying, etc.) for permanent residency status - so called ILR - if you want to, having ILR status for 12 month you can apply for citizenship. You can also apply directly for naturalisation after 6 years (w/o applying for ILR first) b/s as a EU citizen you gained ILR after 5 years residency in UK even w/o applying.

sse here - chapter 6:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... let-an.pdf
New immigration regulations came into force on 30 April 2006. If you are a national of a country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April
2006, and therefore will not have to apply for indefinite leave to remain. But remember that, unless married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should normally have held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for naturalisation. This means that you may need to wait until you have been in the United Kingdom for 6 years before you can apply
I hope this is clear.
It's actually called Permanent Residency for EU nationals and ILR for non-EU.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015