ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

was

ILR

Post by was » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi everyone
Anyone who applied for ILR and got approved or rejected please share ur experiences and documentation. Its like helping grooming someones life. plz share

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: ILR

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:34 pm

was wrote:Hi everyone
Anyone who applied for ILR and got approved or rejected please share ur experiences and documentation. Its like helping grooming someones life. plz share
There are over 100,000 posts on this board - I suggest you start doing some searching! ILR has come up plenty of time, far too often to start another thread here. Also, it goes without saying that there are so many ways of obtaining ILR - in what category are you, and how will you obtain ILR?

If you want a list of documentation, again, please use the search function because it is topic No.1 I think. Other than that, you'd need to provide far more information on yourself, if you need assistance on your individual situation.

was

ILR for lots of absences

Post by was » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:07 pm

sakura wrote:
There are over 100,000 posts on this board - I suggest you start doing some searching! ILR has come up plenty of time, far too often to start another thread here. Also, it goes without saying that there are so many ways of obtaining ILR - in what category are you, and how will you obtain ILR?

If you want a list of documentation, again, please use the search function because it is topic No.1 I think. Other than that, you'd need to provide far more information on yourself, if you need assistance on your individual situation.

Hi sakura
i came to uk on 28 sep 2002 on a work permit for 4 years. later i got HSMP which is valid till oct 2008. iam plannig to apply for ILR in oct 2007, but i have three main problems

1) My absenses

10 feb2003 - 1st may 2003 78 days (personel holiday)
24 nov 2003 - 19 feb2004 86 days (business tour)
29 nov2004 - 7 april2005 128 days (business tour)
26 dec2005 -6 feb 2006 41 days (personel)
30 nov 2006 - 11 feb 2007 71 days (personel)

total 404 days of which214 on business tour

2) i have only last one year payslips from my workpermit employer and i have no p60s of any year. and the company moved to spain in march 2007 and no longer in uk. I spoke to my director and he said he will issue me the letters stating that i was on a buisness tour on two occations.

3)my present job is non prefessional,with a salry £20000 PA ,started in may2007 and the contract expires in november2007. i work 4nights on and 4 nights off and in this 4 off iam preparing for SAP (FICO). and expecting a good job by early next year.

Lots of absences, no p60s and non professional job at present,
How are my chances of ILR being approved. Do i need to take help from solicitor or shall i do it myslef . whcih way is best, do i send it by post or shall i approach personally or shall i send my solicitor from my behalf.

friends plz help me suggest me and i will be very thankful for your valuable suggestions.

cheers
Last edited by was on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:26 pm

Save your breath sakaru
this is a duplicate posting.
Was please stick to your original thread, instead of starting new ones.
Enough is enough

ahumphries4
Newly Registered

Post by ahumphries4 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:50 pm

I have a new thread where I have shared my friend's experience of having their ILR accepted after applying 7 weeks after their visa expired, since they originally arrived in the UK 7 weeks after their original 2 year spouse visa was issued. The SET(M) was submitted as a postal application and East Croydon wrote back with a successful outcome 6 weeks later.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:29 pm

The Home Office is strict and may refuse your application if your were out of the UK for more then 180 days.

I had exceptionally fierce battle with the Home Office at the court defending one of my clients and the argument was that the 180 days rule remain in place.

A reference from your employer or contracts if you were self-employed may help, though.

Be careful with that, though.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:55 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:The Home Office is strict and may refuse your application if your were out of the UK for more then 180 days.

I had exceptionally fierce battle with the Home Office at the court defending one of my clients and the argument was that the 180 days rule remain in place.

A reference from your employer or contracts if you were self-employed may help, though.

Be careful with that, though.
There are so many people on here who were seconded abroad and were out of the country for more than 180 days and got ILR and that was originally designed for 4 years not 5 like it is now.
For this bloke though 404 is a bit had to swallow.

was

Re: 1000

Post by was » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:53 am

SYH wrote:Save your breath sakaru
this is a duplicate posting.
Was please stick to your original thread, instead of starting new ones.
Enough is enough
hi shy
sorry for the duplicate post but i have done it to explain my situation asked by the member. well i be careful next time.
any ways thanx for ur advise

was

Re: ILR for lots of absences

Post by was » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:18 am

was wrote:
sakura wrote:

Hi sakura
i came to uk on 28 sep 2002 on a work permit for 4 years. later i got HSMP which is valid till oct 2008. iam plannig to apply for ILR in oct 2007, but i have three main problems

1) My absenses

10 feb2003 - 1st may 2003 78 days (personel holiday)
24 nov 2003 - 19 feb2004 86 days (business tour)
29 nov2004 - 7 april2005 128 days (business tour)
26 dec2005 -6 feb 2006 41 days (personel)
30 nov 2006 - 11 feb 2007 71 days (personel)

total 404 days of which214 on business tour

2) i have only last one year payslips from my workpermit employer and i have no p60s of any year. and the company moved to spain in march 2007 and no longer in uk. I spoke to my director and he said he will issue me the letters stating that i was on a buisness tour on two occations.

3)my present job is non prefessional,with a salry £20000 PA ,started in may2007 and the contract expires in november2007. i work 4nights on and 4 nights off and in this 4 off iam preparing for SAP (FICO). and expecting a good job by early next year.

Lots of absences, no p60s and non professional job at present,
How are my chances of ILR being approved. Do i need to take help from solicitor or shall i do it myslef . whcih way is best, do i send it by post or shall i approach personally or shall i send my solicitor from my behalf.

friends plz help me suggest me and i will be very thankful for your valuable suggestions.

cheers
can i request thesenior members to comment on my case as iam planning to apply for ilr by the end of this month.

cheers