ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by mind202 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Can some body update on google drive please..
Kind regards..

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 pm

hi brother mind202
many congrats to you brother
just wanted to ask u that did u apply through any solicitor or did u put any covering letter with ur app
was ur LR broken due to u being detained as u explained in ur earlier posts
would really help us all by ur answer

mind202 wrote:Hi Guys,
Alhamdulilah ,Alhamdulilah i have receiced my BRP today...
i want to say thanks very much from core of my heart to Shahjee,Amber,Sajjadali,mrs.p ,prem singh for helping me and guide me through...
Best of luck who are waiting...
Best Regards..

KASHER
Newly Registered

Re: Just Got Documents Back

Post by KASHER » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 pm

ukvisaengland wrote:
KASHER wrote:Thanks to Almighty Allah just got my passports and documents back while I was reading posts on this forum. Thanks to all specially Shah G for their contribution to this forum which is really a blessing for people like me.
congratulations mate, could you please share your timeline with us
Applied on 15-05-2014
Ack Letter 19-05-2014
Bio Letter 07-06-2014
Bio Enrol 07-06-2014
Doc Retrun 28-06-2014
Brp Received 28-06-2014

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 pm

i want to say thanks very much from core of my heart to Shahjee,Amber,Sajjadali,mrs.p ,prem singh for helping me and guide me through...
Best Regards..

Hey mind202, congratulation on your ilr. I guess u r so relieve now and can live your life at peace.
Just wondering what was your timeline please?
Enjoy your freedom

KASHER
Newly Registered

Post by KASHER » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Shay14 wrote:Congratulations Kasher. It looks like HO has started with May applications. Please can you let us know whether you received it from Liverpool or Bristol?
Thanks
From Liverpool

KASHER
Newly Registered

Post by KASHER » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
KASHER wrote:Thanks to Almighty Allah just got my passports and documents back while I was reading posts on this forum. Thanks to all specially Shah G for their contribution to this forum which is really a blessing for people like me.

Hi Kasher ,

Heartiest Congratulation on this great news and great victory ,

Enjoy your freedom :P

From the google spreadsheet i can see that you applied on 5th May 2014 , Wow almost three months , just one quick question did you expedite your case ?....seems its very long jumped by HO ..but could be possible ...you can expect any thing from HO ...n e way great news ...

Thanks for sharing this good news with us ,
Remember us in your prayers ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Thanks S.Akaram, No I didn't expedite my case. Even I didn't call home office to check status and I was expecting to receive my documents in mid September keeping in mind the current processing time.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:01 am

KASHER wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:

brother kasher congrats
can u plz tell us where did u send ur application to and which branch go ho u received it from

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:08 am

@BigBoy
I think the bank letter you have to indicate the ukba mistake in assessing funds can play a significant role. You must ask for priority treatment for getting ilr as its their failure and bad management.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:55 am

thanks for the advice brother cool mind
i am in no hurry as long as i get one
just don't want to go to court because it is very time consuming and expensive, but if i have to then i definitely will take them to court.

what i think is that it was some kind of HO trick to refuse the applications by just saying that ur fee didn't go through, so that ppl start panicking and might go back home as i have literally seen at least 70-80 cases only in this forum with fee issue
cool mind wrote:@BigBoy
I think the bank letter you have to indicate the ukba mistake in assessing funds can play a significant role. You must ask for priority treatment for getting ilr as its their failure and bad management.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shahjee,
Thanks very much for taking time to help me with my question regarding SET(LR) form. Honestly, after discussing matter with I am more confident about the whole process. I have no gaps at all in my visa ( always applied before expiry date. However, I have requested for SAR after reading on this forum just to be on safe side. But regards to the question D14 ( Second or third lines) below;

D14. Please state what ties you have with:
•Any country whose nationality you hold.
•Any country where you have lived for more than five years.

Do I need to write that I do not hold any other country Nationality AND
I have not lived in any other country for more than 5 Years ( not counting UK i guess) in the D14 2nd and 3rd line. Just want to ensure that I am answering the question in the right way. You said you have filled this section for your MRS form so is it the right way( above) to answer the questions? Please kindly advise.

Also, can I apply for my MRS at the same time or should I wait till I get my ILR? Need advise.

Thanks very much for your all help and support. God bless you my Brother.

Kind Regards
Bharat
Bharat Bahi,
I will suggest to keep it simple, this is just a very simple question, the Home Office want to know more about you, so in your case starting from the first column on the left just write the name of the country your were born and have family connections with, than when you come to the section on the right in front of it to explain what connections, take as much space as you want, you can write in all the lines provided or just one or two lines it is up to you. I would suggest not to write "that you don't hold any other country nationality" as I told you that my Mrs answered it like this on her FLR(M) and there were no issues.
Regards to your Mrs, yes she is open to apply any time starting from when you send your application, but if she still have leave to remain in the country, than I will suggest that you at least wait till you get your acknowledgement letter,so that if you want to mention your application reference numbers in her covering letter, than it will help the Home Office to track her application to you, you know what I mean.
Ideal scenario is if she have a leave to remain in the country than you wait till you get your ILR and than you apply for her. So really it is up to you.
I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Hi Shahji,
Many thanks for clearing the confusion I had regarding this family ties question. I will surely follow your instruction and fill out the form. My Mrs has got visa till April 2016 so as you suggested I will wait till I get my ILR then apply for her.
Thanks very much again for helping me out so far and I will be updating my application process here and hopefully the good news first with you. Thanks Brother.

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Anon8525 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:29 am

Anon8525 wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm planning to apply for ILR (10 year rule). I am a non-visa national and I first entered the country (in September 2004) on a visitor visa (i.e. it was a visa on arrival). But my original intention was to study here and I had offer letter etc, which I showed to the immigration officer at the airport. After 6 months (before my visitor visa expired) I applied for a student visa. I was granted a visa in March 2005 till October 2008. Will this visitor visa be an issue?
Sorry to be a pain, but could someone please shed some light on this. Thanks!

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Post by ukvisaengland » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:34 am

Anon8525 wrote:
Anon8525 wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm planning to apply for ILR (10 year rule). I am a non-visa national and I first entered the country (in September 2004) on a visitor visa (i.e. it was a visa on arrival). But my original intention was to study here and I had offer letter etc, which I showed to the immigration officer at the airport. After 6 months (before my visitor visa expired) I applied for a student visa. I was granted a visa in March 2005 till October 2008. Will this visitor visa be an issue?
Sorry to be a pain, but could someone please shed some light on this. Thanks!
it shouldn't be a problem, there are a lot of people who had a visitor visa and got their ILR. good luck with your application all the best

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Post by ukvisaengland » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:29 am

guys I have applied through a solicitor in middle of April and I am still waiting is there anyone applied in the middle of April and still waiting? pls pray for me. I have called the HO last Friday I was told is pending and today was told incomplete. what is the difference? also do I get the documents and the brb to my address or to the solicitor's address?

I appreciate you reply and your comment.

Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:17 pm

dont know mate.. its been over a week since I applied and havent even had acknowledgment yet :x but they were bloody fast to charge my card

12years

Post by 12years » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Can some one please update my time line.

My Timeline:
Application sent: 20/08/2014
Payment Taken: 22/08/2014
Acknowledgement Dated: 22/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 29/08/2014
Biometric received:
Biometric recorded:
Approval date:
Docs received:
BRP:

12years

Post by 12years » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm

fielddrive wrote:dont know mate.. its been over a week since I applied and havent even had acknowledgment yet :x but they were bloody fast to charge my card
fielddrive you apllied one day after me so you should probably get it tomorrow or Monday but I think the important thing is they have taken the payment.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Best Regards..
Hi mind202,
Great news mate, very well done, many congratulations. Enjoy your freedom my brother.
Kind regrads
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:24 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Best Regards..
Hi mind202,
Great news mate, very well done, many congratulations. Enjoy your freedom my brother.
Kind regrads
Shahjee

Hi mind202, congrats man, enjoy your freedom
Btw what was your time line please?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for sharing this link .....but it is very difficult to understand .... :? any one who is statistical expert can extract any useful information regarding April 14 , May 14 , June 14 application for SET ( LR) ?.... :roll: :roll:

Regards ,
S.Akaram

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:25 pm

12years wrote:fielddrive you apllied one day after me so you should probably get it tomorrow or Monday but I think the important thing is they have taken the payment.
thanks for the update 12years, much appreciated. i'll wait a couple more days but like now, can you please keep us posted with your progress?

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 pm

I applied a week before you, guys. It takes about 8-10 days to receive the ack letter.

I am now waiting for my biometrics letter.
fielddrive wrote:
12years wrote:fielddrive you apllied one day after me so you should probably get it tomorrow or Monday but I think the important thing is they have taken the payment.
thanks for the update 12years, much appreciated. i'll wait a couple more days but like now, can you please keep us posted with your progress?

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:59 pm

rk1506 wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
Best Regards..
Hi mind202,
Kind regrads
Shahjee

Hi mind202, congrats man, enjoy your freedom
Btw what was your time line please?
Hi,
my timeline is below
Applied on 17th of April
acknowledgement 23 April
Biometrics 23 May
Brp received 28th August
Docss back 29th August

Regards..

rasheedabdul786

Post by rasheedabdul786 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:14 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
rasheedabdul786 wrote:
Asalamalaikum Shahjee,
JAZAKALLAH for your earlier replies I am bit confused with one more question regarding income threshold. As i m not including my son on my wife's flr m application bcoz i have applied mn1 for him. Do you think my income threshold will be £18,600 or £22,400 even though we are filling section 4 of dependent children
Thanks,
regards,
rasheed
Walakum asalam Rasheed bahi,
One will think that as it is just your wife who is applying so it should be £18,600, but on the other hand you have to fill section 4, and anyways Home Office know about your dependent child so they might want you to show £22,400. Frankly very tricky couldnt say much on this. If I am you, than I will play safe and make sure to get £22,400, and don't give any chance to the Home Office. Lets see what the other members will think about this scenario. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Asalamalaikum Shahjee,
Thanks for your response Shahjee even I am thinking to go for £22,400 Alhamdulilah my and my mrs total combined income is around £30k+ p/a though my Mrs only started working since feb'2014.it shouldn't be a problem right ?as she is working with current employer for more than 6mths now.Anyways Jazakallah Shahjee for all your help and advise hope everything goes smoothly on 2nd Sep at croydon .Thanks

Regards,
Rasheed

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:23 pm

rasheedabdul786 wrote: Asalamalaikum Shahjee,
Thanks for your response Shahjee even I am thinking to go for £22,400 Alhamdulilah my and my mrs total combined income is around £30k+ p/a though my Mrs only started working since feb'2014.it shouldn't be a problem right ?as she is working with current employer for more than 6mths now.Anyways Jazakallah Shahjee for all your help and advise hope everything goes smoothly on 2nd Sep at croydon .Thanks

Regards,
Rasheed
Rasheed bahi,
Good to know that income thresh hold is not an issue for you.
Regards to 2nd of September, we will be waiting to hear the good news from you INSHALLAH.
My prayers and best wishes be with you and your family.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:54 pm

KASHER wrote:
ukvisaengland wrote:
Applied on 15-05-2014
Ack Letter 19-05-2014
Bio Letter 07-06-2014
Bio Enrol 07-06-2014
Doc Retrun 28-06-2014
Brp Received 28-06-2014
congratulations! are you sure that your timeline is correct. what documents did you send and whats your immigration history?