ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Msharma
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT query

Post by Msharma » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I know this would be one of the most asked questions here but I need some clarification as my case is slightly different.

1. I was on ICT tier 2 long term visa and have just returned India after my work. I was granted a visa for 2 years and spent about 6 months in UK. As per process my company cancelled my visa on return.

2. I was checking for shortage occupation categories and was able to find job which is as per my skill in UK. I checked with associated company and they are ready to hire me. Can you please suggest If I can apply and what all formalities do I need to complete ? Will my old tier 2 ICT visa will come in picture ?

Thanks a lot in advance..

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT query

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Msharma wrote:Hi Guys,

I know this would be one of the most asked questions here but I need some clarification as my case is slightly different.

1. I was on ICT tier 2 long term visa and have just returned India after my work. I was granted a visa for 2 years and spent about 6 months in UK. As per process my company cancelled my visa on return.

2. I was checking for shortage occupation categories and was able to find job which is as per my skill in UK. I checked with associated company and they are ready to hire me. Can you please suggest If I can apply and what all formalities do I need to complete ? Will my old tier 2 ICT visa will come in picture ?

Thanks a lot in advance..
2 - in order for you to apply for a t2general visa, you will need to have been absent from the UK (with proof) for 12 months to satisfy the 12 month 'cooling off period.' It will have nothing to do with your T2 ICT what-so-ever.

Msharma
Newly Registered

Post by Msharma » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:46 pm

physicskats thanks for the reply it means shortage occupation category comes under tier 2 general right ? Is there some way around it ??

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Msharma wrote:physicskats thanks for the reply it means shortage occupation category comes under tier 2 general right ?
Not necessarily; I was just assuming you had not worked for that employer before. If you haven't been working for this new employer already, how on earth could they sponsor you for a T2ICT??

Is there some way around it ??
No. You cannot apply for any other category of Tier 2 without a 12 month cooling off (the one exception to this is going from T2ICT short term to ICT long term with the same employer).

Msharma
Newly Registered

Post by Msharma » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Sorry physicskats I think i was not clear in my question:)

the company i want to apply for has posted job on UKBA site indicating under shortage occupation list of 2014. Below is the link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pril14.pdf

I was working for company X for which I had ICT tier 2 long term visa and the company I want to apply for is all together a different company.
In short can I apply for category under UKBA shortage occupation list ?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Msharma wrote:Sorry physicskats I think i was not clear in my question:)

the company i want to apply for has posted job on UKBA site indicating under shortage occupation list of 2014. Below is the link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pril14.pdf

I was working for company X for which I had ICT tier 2 long term visa and the company I want to apply for is all together a different company.
In short can I apply for category under UKBA shortage occupation list ?

There is NOT an exception to the cooling off for shortage occupation workers. I had already told you the only exception...

The only real benefit to being shortage is: no RLMT. Also shortage workers are exempt from earnings requirements for ILR applications made after 2016.

databank08
Newly Registered

Post by databank08 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:39 am

@Msharma
I am in exactly same position as yours and I found this discussion very useful. Thanks to both of you for the same. Lets stay connected.