ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP supporting documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Platinum

EEA FP supporting documents

Post by Platinum » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi. We're in the middle of putting together our application for an EEA FP for me, an American. My husband is British, but has been living and working in Ireland for three years.

We have everything they want, except proof that we're living together. We married on holiday and just before that, he moved into my place. I'd been there for two years already, so the bills and such were in my name. We didn't put his on them, as it was a pain in the mule. We also don't have a joint bank account. We don't have a lease or tenancy agreement (ahhh, dodgy rental practices). We have lots of pieces of post with my name and our address on it, and lots of pieces of post with his name and our address on it, but nothing with the two names together.

Will this be a big problem? We can provide other evidence of a "real" relationship: pictures, cards from people at our wedding celebrations, etc.

Also, we will move over to the UK together, obviously, but we don't have a set date for it yet. It depends on jobs and such. So we haven't booked anything. I thought the EEA FP was valid for six months, and we could enter the UK anytime in those six months, so I didn't think they'd insist on a specific date and travel plans.

Can anyone advise or shed light on the process?

Thanks muchly.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:44 pm

The items don't have to be in joint names. Bank statements and the like in each name with the same address is ok.

The permit is valid for six months and you can enter at any time in that period. In fact, UKVisas recommends that you don't book plane tickets etc until whatever visa you're applying for has been issued so I would think you'd be totally ok without a definitive date.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:01 pm

Thanks for the help and reassurance, Yankeegirl.

I received the EEA FP today.

In case it may help other people, a timeline:

Thursday, 16/08: fill in and submit on-line form

Tuesday, 21/08: drop off supporting documents at the UK Embassy in Dublin

Friday, 24/08: got e-mail saying my application had been approved

Monday, 27/08: got all original documents back in the post, including my passport with the EEA FP sticker.

That's 11 days. 11 days! It was quick, simple, and worked like clockwork. We were happily shocked at the speed/efficiency.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:02 pm

Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out so well for you!