ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

badmaash

spouse visa

Post by badmaash » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:53 pm

if somebody is on a spouse visa and they both husband and wife go on a holiday for 9 months will that effect the application in anyway?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: spouse visa

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:59 pm

badmaash wrote:if somebody is on a spouse visa and they both husband and wife go on a holiday for 9 months will that effect the application in anyway?
Hmm, I'm not sure but it doesn't sound like a good idea, may give the impression that the couple don't intend to settle in the UK.

Nine months is a long holiday, not many job kept open that long, so they could have financial issues come ILR time maybe?

Unless they are totally rich of course!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:00 pm

It will effect your ILR application.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:26 pm

what do they look at in reagrds to financial issues ?
as the scenario is they been out of uk since dec 6th 06 and plan to return in oct 20th 2007

also the husband is sick so he will have to be claiming benefits like income support and DLA as he has to see the psychitrist and also has a record for mental health

as they were away they spent from december till may 01 in north africa then from may 01st till oct 20th god willingly they will be in far east so i need some help on this application
it was more of a holiday in north africa along holiday and then they went to far east to give birth to the baby
they have just had a baby so they will be applying for rob for him i mean im sure this is proof that the marriage is not bogus

the visa runs out sept 2008
when they return they dont plan to leave the uk and the uk is their main home for sure

and they are living with his parents as part of his family
why does long abscence affect application
as somones home can be the uk but he could just be having a long holiday

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:31 pm

If they have had a baby, and the husband is on benefits, how are they going to meet the financial test for ILR?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:42 pm

what is the financial test for ILR

and she will not be claiming for public funds and what they have is enough to live on because they do not pay for any rent or bills as that is paid by his parents whose house they live in

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:49 pm

Hello,

It certainly will. The rule is not to exceed 180 day in 2 years in general and no way than 180 days in 1 years/per stay outside of the UK.

If a dependent spouse of a UK citizen reisdes for more then 6 months in a single year/trip, such a leave constitutes a break in the residence and hence ILR application is likely to be refused but FLR application may succeed.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:50 pm

what is FLR APPLIATION ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:55 pm

badmaash wrote:what is FLR APPLIATION ?
Please, use the search function before I lose the will to live.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:05 pm

wanderer calm down there

also where can i find information on financial test for ILR as i cant seem to find anything on it does anyone have the links ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:10 am

badmaash wrote:wanderer calm down there

also where can i find information on financial test for ILR as i cant seem to find anything on it does anyone have the links ?
Go to the BIA website and download form SET(M) or SET(O) whichever applies and also the guidance notes. The guidance notes I'm sure ask u to enclose payslips, bank statements etc. If these show you living on the bread line then the HO might take the view you can't afford for your spouse to settle here.

Now, I know thoretically being on benefits will not preclude ILR I think if you search around it's a tough prospect. However if the person in question got FLR if nothings changed ILR should be ok.

However, it's the 9 month hols that's the fly in the ointment, how can people of benefit's afford a nine month holiday? That's not me talking, it's the caseworker.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:20 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:Hello,

It certainly will. The rule is not to exceed 180 day in 2 years in general and no way than 180 days in 1 years/per stay outside of the UK.

If a dependent spouse of a UK citizen reisdes for more then 6 months in a single year/trip, such a leave constitutes a break in the residence and hence ILR application is likely to be refused but FLR application may succeed.
Why is it 180 days for 2 years spouse and 180 days 5 year work permit holder

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:26 am

SYH wrote:

Just thinking aloud here, my Guru Father but could it be cos Spouse visa is definately a visa leading to settlement wheras a WP isn't necessarily so?

So a spouse would be expected to make the UK their home and live her, and WP holder may still have their ties to home?

I think that is a brilliant piece of analysis by me.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:49 am

Wanderer wrote:
SYH wrote:

Just thinking aloud here, my Guru Father but could it be cos Spouse visa is definately a visa leading to settlement wheras a WP isn't necessarily so?

So a spouse would be expected to make the UK their home and live her, and WP holder may still have their ties to home?

I think that is a brilliant piece of analysis by me.
It doesnt work for me that you have the same amount of absences whether it is 2 years or 5 years

busubi

Post by busubi » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:36 am

Again I don't think there is a set amount of days making the answer to this question clear cut.

To obtain ILR via Spouse Visa, you need to complete 2 years living in the UK. Obviously people take holidays and so on but It will be up to the case worker whether they feel this was a holiday or not. Other information will be crucial to there decision on this. As you posted on another thread about no job and claiming benefits, being absent for nine months as well maybe pushing your luck, but hay that's just my opinion, let hope the caseworker has a different, more relaxed view.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:19 pm

yes even after looking through sources i can see no time limit on time outside abroad , as a person can be on holiday for a longtime people holiday 3-4 years a time

as for wanderer saying in regards to benefits for know the capital rule is lifted you can have upto 16k in the bank and still claim

so imagine you have 16k in the bank and a house where you pay no rent at all and have 200 pounds a week of beneifts coming in for you family i mean how can ever the BIA refuse

and as many people are sick and unable to work then that would be discriminitive

like a disabled person how would he work so denying his wife ILR would be unfair and im sure that cant happen

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:58 pm

duplicate thread ... locked