ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewed GNIB Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ringmaster6666
Newly Registered

Renewed GNIB Card

Post by Ringmaster6666 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:50 pm

Guys thank very much for the advise that i got from you.Last week i went to renew my expired card while awaiting the outcome of my LTR, But beleive me i have never been disrespected like that b4 my entire life.Those guys who work @ GNIB hve forgotten the basic aspects of humanity.The guy sent me home first and asked me to write him a letter explaining why he should renew my card while im awaiting my LTR DECISION IN THE PROCESS POINTING HIS FINGER AT ME..Is this the friendly Ireland much talked about in their tourism brochures or just a myth. After my expirience @ that office though i finally got my card extended by 4months im seriously re-considering my future in this Island.

smahmud
Newly Registered

Post by smahmud » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:14 pm

Yes, true, their behaviour is really bad.
I am a new green card holder and i got my gnib card. but their attitude was really bad.

what documents i need to renew it? i want to be prepare as i don't want to face any hassle any more.

Thanks,

Mahmud

greentea

Re: Renewed GNIB Card

Post by greentea » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:16 pm

Ringmaster6666 wrote:Guys thank very much for the advise that i got from you.Last week i went to renew my expired card while awaiting the outcome of my LTR, But beleive me i have never been disrespected like that b4 my entire life.Those guys who work @ GNIB hve forgotten the basic aspects of humanity.The guy sent me home first and asked me to write him a letter explaining why he should renew my card while im awaiting my LTR DECISION IN THE PROCESS POINTING HIS FINGER AT ME..Is this the friendly Ireland much talked about in their tourism brochures or just a myth. After my expirience @ that office though i finally got my card extended by 4months im seriously re-considering my future in this Island.
The process of LTR could take more than a year as many people on this forum are experiencing. if you are thinking of staying here, you need to keep up your status. waiting from LTR can't be the reason for visa renewal. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000029
'Applicants are also advised to keep their permission to remain up to date at all times (including the period while their application is being processed).
Processing time is currently 11 months'