ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife refused to provide me with her document

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Magnus
Newly Registered

My wife refused to provide me with her document

Post by Magnus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:14 am

My wife and I have been married for 8years now and we have lived in uk for 7 years. My 5 years residency expires next moth on the 30th. We are officially seperated about one year now and all efforts to get my children's document from her failed. She tricked me and took away every pin belonging to her and my children away to prevent me from applying for my indefinite. Now, the court case is taking too long to conclude and it may not be possible to use my children born here to make my application. My wife refused to complete her 5 years continuous work in uk just to punish me for reason only her and her new men can tell. As for me, I have been working since 7yrs we lived here. The lawyers are taking advantage of me by charging me £1500 to make my application. I have managed to get the children's birth certificates and extract from my marriage certificate through the embassy.

What should I do and how can I make my application? my wife did work here but, put all her work history together, it's about 4yrs only in the 7yrs we are here and in the last two years, she hasn't worked except taking benefit from government through my children. She is from Latvia and I am from Ghana.
Please help me and advise me on what to do because I must put in my application by the first week of September. My employer has already requested for my residence extension.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: My wife refused to provide me with her document

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 am

Do you have contact with the children? How old are the children?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:18 am

the Children are 7 an 5 years old. I am at the moment seeing them ones at contact centre every fortnite which will last for 6 visits. That is why I said that court case is taking too long. the next court is on 9th September

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

it seems I have a completed case because no one is responding to my requests :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:25 am

When did your wide enter the UK?

How long did she work before she quitted in total?

How old is your child?

I will suggest you ditch the solicitor, as your solicitor is only as good as your case.

Sometimes they are worst.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:42 am

We entered the country in Febraury 2007. She has not stayed in one employment on more than one year and some she stayed about three months and then it would be complaints over complaints. Now she is claiming a stay at home mum. No one wants to listen to me and investigate our case. The children are 7 and 5 years respectively.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 am

If the child has been in the UK for 7 or more years leave under the immigration rules may be possible.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:54 am

That may not be the best option for him I think, as it may involve him having to quit his job.

He may qualify under the regulation as the parent of a former migrant worker children who are in primary education.

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 am

from all these reps, I see that this lady has truly dealt with me

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:19 pm

It is possible that some of the time she took off work to look after the kids, in the immediate period following confinement could be added toward her lawful residence in accordance with the EEA Regulations.

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:32 pm

thanks mate but she has refused to let me have even the photocopy of her passport and now she has just text me that my children's Latvian passport have expired since June this year. I made application to the court stopping her from taking the children out of the country in April which she was about to do. So, what then should I do? I live in Manchester and I have not seen a lawyer that is giving me positive advise

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:50 pm

I sent you a Private message on these issues.