ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move out to Germany as EEA Family Member

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JulianaV

Move out to Germany as EEA Family Member

Post by JulianaV » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi, Everyone !

Well, 6 months ago I left Brazil with y wife, Juli (I'm not Juli, I"m the husband using the same login, ok ?) to UK and we are giving up for many reasons. Of course we are really concerned to not face the very same problems again. So, the scenario...

1- I'm Brazilian, Juli is Hungarian
2 -We have a dual citizenship 6 years old son
3 -We are living in UK since March
4- I was working here for 3 months - Actually job-seeking
5- My wife is working actually

Our goal: Move and me, in particular I need to be able to start the work ASAP and if applicable : I need my National Insurance Number or equivalent document (In UK it's mandatory).

I've this source here: http://www.berlin.de/imperia/md/content ... sch_08.pdf

but there is something there that I don't believe it's updated...

However, citizens of the Central and Eastern European countries which acceded to the EU on
May 1, 2004 are restricted in their rights to freedom of movement and settlement if they wish to
take on gainful employment in Germany. To obtain their right to freedom of movement in
Germany, such employees need an EU work permit. The Federal Employment Agency is
responsible for issuing these permits.
EU citizens who wish to reside in Germany for three months to look for work or for vocational
training are likewise entitled to freedom of movement.

...Because all the others sources on google say that EU work permit is not allowed for EU citizens , except Croatia.

So, I'm facing difficulty to find links about the scenario to move to Germany with the EEA family together (I just can find documents related to join the family into Germany) and the steps I should too to be capable to accept job offers and get a residence title.

If someone know the links about what I supposed to do to get my residence title I will really appreciate.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Move out to Germany as EEA Family Member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 pm

Hungarians can work freely in all of the EU right now, including Germany and the UK.

You can also work freely in the UK. And also in Germany.

No permission is needed.

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Hungarians can work freely in all of the EU right now, including Germany and the UK.

You can also work freely in the UK. And also in Germany.

No permission is needed.
At least in UK...not exactly...in Theory, yes you can. But in the practice (again, at least in UK) you should apply for a residence card because you need to proof your right (if you are not a EEA).

in Germany sounds like I need to apply for the Residence Title. I understand I've the right, but the person with plans to hire me should have sure, right ?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 pm

I guess the point is you will need to get a Residence Card, but you do not need "permission" per sae. For instance you could work from the day of arrival if your employer was cooperative.

It may have changed, but in Germany it takes about 4-6 weeks after application to get the physical card. They may also give you a piece of paper which immediately confirms your right to work.

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I guess the point is you will need to get a Residence Card, but you do not need "permission" per sae. For instance you could work from the day of arrival if your employer was cooperative.

It may have changed, but in Germany it takes about 4-6 weeks after application to get the physical card. They may also give you a piece of paper which immediately confirms your right to work.
ty !!! thanx a lot !