ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA INTERVIEW & QUESTIONS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dims8

VISA INTERVIEW & QUESTIONS

Post by dims8 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Dear All

Applied from Chennai on 28th feb 2014 and not heard till 14 working days then i sent a mail asking details and have got reply asking to attend a personal interview and that vfs will call and schedule an appointment with BHC- Chennai and would call and inform me about date / time of interview !

I am clueless on the timeline and interview questions on work permit! has travelled to UK and other countries multiple times but never had been asked to attend an interview

if someone has gone though similar situations pls can you advise the process, how much time will it take for VFS to schedule the appointment and what kind of questions will they ask?

rgds

rajsin

Re: VISA INTERVIEW & QUESTIONS

Post by rajsin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Not really sure what kind of interview questions will be asked, how many times have you been in the UK in the past and on what visa's? What visa are you currently applying for?

Would be helpful if u can share the questions from BHC with us.

dims8

Post by dims8 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 am

Ok one of the applicant who applied on 4th Feb got a mail on 5th Mar to appear for a personal interview but VFS not called him until 27th March fixing 3rd April date...

my point is why there is a delay of 20 days to fix an appointment? from the date of application its already been 45 days !

I am also having the same problem had been notified for a personal interview but have not received any call from VFS for the interview is it common for most of the applicant? also there is no mention of any specific documents... should i ask them or collect all possible documents i can think of for the interview?

ramch
Newly Registered

Post by ramch » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi Dims8,

What happened with your interview? Can you please let us know what question they asked you?

Thanks

dims8 wrote:Ok one of the applicant who applied on 4th Feb got a mail on 5th Mar to appear for a personal interview but VFS not called him until 27th March fixing 3rd April date...

my point is why there is a delay of 20 days to fix an appointment? from the date of application its already been 45 days !

I am also having the same problem had been notified for a personal interview but have not received any call from VFS for the interview is it common for most of the applicant? also there is no mention of any specific documents... should i ask them or collect all possible documents i can think of for the interview?

dims8

Post by dims8 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:24 am

i have got my work permit but let me tell you most of the questions were based on
1) which company in UK
2) how did you got the interview
3) dates - interview date, joining date etc.
4) who took the interview in uk/india how long it lasted, name of the person,
5) salary, plans etc etc

while most of the things were just related to job but the only thing they cross check everything online so make sure you speak truth and dont hesitate to speak !

good luck

Gurisidhu83
Newly Registered

Post by Gurisidhu83 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 am

Hi all
Please help me I have interview tomorrow for tier 2 general visa. I m going to do overseas nursing programme. British high called me and my husband for interview in India.. Please tell me if anyone knows what they are going to ask.. Thanks

dims8

Post by dims8 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:14 am

Hi

i can understand its quite uneasy time but go there with confidence, your body language, your face expressions and the way you talk would do 50% job... not over confident but a person with right attitude and right reason to go to their country :-

they would probably ask the question related to your field only...

why are you going to uk,
what is the purpose,
how did you find this opportunity
why do you think its important to you
what does your husband do
they may ask you to show relevant papers / documents in original

Good luck and hopefully you would get your visa... cheers!!!

dims8

Post by dims8 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:19 am

Hey one more important thing... if you dont know anything or you have doubts say so dont give him wrong info... for ex. if you tell him a company name he would google it and find info about it. the only thing they dont like is lies!!!!