ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Less than six years? advise please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

everfor

Less than six years? advise please

Post by everfor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:04 am

I guess, naturalisation need to apply after one year of approval..
My situation as follow below, if they calculate based on landing date, it will not be 6 years, but i have qualified after one year rule of ILR approval

01-Oct-2008 - First HSMP approved
07-Oct-2008 -- Landed in Uk
03-Sep-2014- ILR approved
09-Sep-2014 -- NCS appointment

Will it be any issue?

secret.simon

Re: Less than six years? advise please

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 am

To the best of my knowledge, there is no "6 year" rule.

The rules for ILR and for naturalisation are separate. The rule for naturalisation (as regards dates) is only that you need to have atleast completed one year with indefinite leave to remain AND that you need to have been in the UK exactly five years to the day on the date of application.

So, you would want to make sure that you were in the UK in the period of 8th-10th September 2009 to satisfy the latter criteria.
If you meet the latter criteria, you should be fine.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Less than six years? advise please

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 am

What is the issue here . . you are fine..

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen

Were you in country on 9th sep 2009 ? and do u satisfy all those points in the link..

if yes.. go ahead

u only need 5 yrs of residence in UK and 1 yr on ILR.. which is inclusive in that 5 yr period..