ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

London Underground Fare evasion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AChaudhary
Newly Registered

London Underground Fare evasion

Post by AChaudhary » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for naturalization but I have one offense and I am not sure that should i declare or not .

I was using my wife monthly travel card on underground around more than 5 Years ago and and this happened only after 1 year arriving in the Uk and this was due to not enough knowledge of the law. Case went to court and court fine me around 260 +court cost ets which ends up total 460 pound. I paid all the amount in six months time after the court decision.

I did not declare this offense in my ILR application as court clerk informed me its non recorded offense. its already more than 5 years old offense. Now Should I declare in my naturalization application or not ?

Please advise

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: London Underground Fare evasion

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:33 pm

It needs to be declared as it's a conviction.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:51 am

Does that affect naturalisation if it was committed 2.9 years back??

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 am

gaurav76.5 wrote:Does that affect naturalisation if it was committed 2.9 years back??
Yes if court has convicted. For any non custodial sentence, you need to wait for at least 3 years from the date of conviction.