ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long I can stay outside UK in one trip in Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reemas
Newly Registered

How long I can stay outside UK in one trip in Tier 2 General

Post by reemas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 am

Hello Everyone,

I am working in UK under Tier 2 General Visa from last one year. Now I am planning to take my annual holidays so that I can visit my family back in INDIA. After including Christmas holiday and annual leaves the total days I got is 47 days[ as I saved all my annual leave throughout the year- and my Boss is perfectly fine with this]. But I don't known would it be fine to stay 47 days outside UK in one trip. I tried to search on UKBA website, but didn't get any satisfying answer. I would like to ask- How long, I can stay outside UK in one trip under Tier 2 General visa? Would 47 days out would be fine?

I would appreciate any suggestions/help.

Many Thanks,
Reema Singh,

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: How long I can stay outside UK in one trip in Tier 2 Gen

Post by physicskate » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm

reemas wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am working in UK under Tier 2 General Visa from last one year. Now I am planning to take my annual holidays so that I can visit my family back in INDIA. After including Christmas holiday and annual leaves the total days I got is 47 days[ as I saved all my annual leave throughout the year- and my Boss is perfectly fine with this]. But I don't known would it be fine to stay 47 days outside UK in one trip. I tried to search on UKBA website, but didn't get any satisfying answer. I would like to ask- How long, I can stay outside UK in one trip under Tier 2 General visa? Would 47 days out would be fine?

I would appreciate any suggestions/help.

Many Thanks,
Reema Singh,
Fine! Take your holiday! As long as you continue to be employed by your employer...

The only time you will run into difficulty if you are out for more than 180 days in any 12 month period (but this only applies if you apply for ILR).

reemas
Newly Registered

Post by reemas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Hello physicskate,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am feeling relax now..:). Thanks once again.

Reema Singh,

ds_info
Newly Registered

Post by ds_info » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi physicskate,

I am having same case as i am willing to go my hometown more than 30 days and i checked Tier 2 Guidelines which states that the visa may be curtailed if "You cease to work for the Sponsor for a period of one calendar month or more except where your absence is solely due to maternity, paternity or adoption leave or sick leave."

Can you please tell me its related to paid or unpaid leaves and is it mentioned that i can travel for 180 days or 30 days?

Does it effect ILR or visa extension?

Thanks
Diya

amira84
Newly Registered

Post by amira84 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi Diya,

Have you got any answer to your question as i am in a similar situation. Please let me know your understanding and thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:42 pm

amira84 wrote:Hi Diya,

Have you got any answer to your question as i am in a similar situation. Please let me know your understanding and thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks!
This topic is 2 years old, from 2014. Please post your query in your own topic and refrain from digging up old posts. Absence limits is 180 days per 12 month cycle.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.