ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So we went Paris without visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ladybird2014
Newly Registered

So we went Paris without visa

Post by Ladybird2014 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 pm

My partner's application was refused a 2nd time at the French embassy and we were meant to leave on Thursday after spending 10days with them we received his passport back refused. Am British and we have a British child together so I printed free movement and some documents and decided to take a chance. We arrived at st pancras very early. When we got to French immigration she asked where was visa I said it was refused and it was too late to reapply since we were leaving the next day. She called her supervisor who took us to his office. I explained I was sponsoring the trip and he has a British child and we are in a de-facto relationship. He said we should wait outside and I saw him fax or take a copy of our child's birth certificate. Few minutes later he said we can go and we should try and get married, lol. On our return it was straight forward except we didn't know it takes 3month for the immigration border(British side) 3month for the biometric card to be active. So we enjoyed our 1st family weekend away. Am going to try and appeal our refusal