ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to write a cover letter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Berniceysl
Newly Registered

How to write a cover letter

Post by Berniceysl » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to write a cover letter to post together with my eea2 retained right application that I needed my ex-spouse passport returned as soon as all checks had been completed because of ex-spouse mum in very sick so he need the passport back after check for any emergency need of his mum.
Please help me !!

Thank you
Last edited by Berniceysl on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berniceysl
Newly Registered

Re: How to write a cever letter

Post by Berniceysl » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Berniceysl wrote:Hi, Can anyone tell me how to write a cover letter to post together with my eea2 retained right application that I needed my ex-spouse passport returned as soon as all checks had been completed because of ex-spouse mum in very sick so he need the passport back after check for any emergency need of his mum.
Please help me !!

Thank you
Hi, it's very urgent, please anyone can help, thank you so much

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:45 pm

You don't need to send your ex-husband's passport for a retention application.
[b] Residence Card Guidance[/b] wrote:
Making an application following divorce or annulment of marriage /
dissolution of civil partnership.
The following documents must be supplied:

Passports of the non-EEA family members
Divorce certificate/certificate showing termination of civil partnership
Evidence that at least one of the non
-
EEA family members is a worker, self-employed or self-sufficient.

If we have not previously issued a Residence Card we must
be satisfied that the alleged EEA national is an EEA national and that the non-EEA nationals were living in the UK
with the EEA national prior to divorce / dissolution of civil partnership, and that EEA was exercising Treaty rights during that time.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Berniceysl
Newly Registered

Post by Berniceysl » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Obie wrote:You don't need to send your ex-husband's passport for a retention application.
[b] Residence Card Guidance[/b] wrote:
Making an application following divorce or annulment of marriage /
dissolution of civil partnership.
The following documents must be supplied:

Passports of the non-EEA family members
Divorce certificate/certificate showing termination of civil partnership
Evidence that at least one of the non
-
EEA family members is a worker, self-employed or self-sufficient.

If we have not previously issued a Residence Card we must
be satisfied that the alleged EEA national is an EEA national and that the non-EEA nationals were living in the UK
with the EEA national prior to divorce / dissolution of civil partnership, and that EEA was exercising Treaty rights during that time.

Hi Obie,thanks for your reply. Really? Why don't need to send? I rang to homeoffice and the advisor told me I need to send it and need a cover letter to ask for return my ex husband passport together with my eea2 application. And may I ask, any proof of address document do I need to send with my apllication? Thank you

Berniceysl
Newly Registered

Re: How to write a cover letter

Post by Berniceysl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 am

Anyone can help me about the cover letter and what documents i should send with my eea2 retained right application??? Please help!!! Very urgent... Thank you so much..

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 am

just make it straightforward, put your intention, the documents u will attach, a very brief introduction and put your name and best contact number if they will try to reach you.

Berniceysl
Newly Registered

Post by Berniceysl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks zoe14, can you write me the sample cover letter cause my english not very good.. Cover letter that mention I needed my ex-spouse passport returned as soon as all checks had been completed because of ex-spouse mum in very sick so he need the passport back after check for any emergency need for his mum. And can u write me a sample cover letter to explain i cant provide my ex husband passport because of ex-spouse mum in very sick so he need the passport back after check for any emergency need for his mum...

Anyone can help me to write me a sample of cover letter??? Im so suffer and very urgent..

Thank you