ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General sponsor went Bankrupt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxelbrig
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General sponsor went Bankrupt

Post by maxelbrig » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi there!

I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa and have been working for nearly a year for a company (my sponsor) who recently has gone into administration, therefore, the company doesn't exist any more, and all employees are left without contract in this case as a person who are in sponsorship visa, it affects me badly, so so can anyone please advise me what to do next? shall I inform UKBA that my sponsor has gone bankrupt ? if I remain in the country, will this be illegal? what should I do?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Many thanks,

O_Relly

Re: Tier 1 General sponsor went Bankrupt

Post by O_Relly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Are you referring to a Tier2 General ? which requires a company to sponsor the employee. The situation that you are describing would be that of an Tier 2 General visa holder.

If it is Tier1 General, then you are on an independent visa and its legal to stay in the country and look for another job. Even if your employer had paid for your Tier 1 visa, they are not a sponsor and you are free to look out for another job.
Cheers,
OR

maxelbrig
Newly Registered

Post by maxelbrig » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:00 pm

You are right it's Tier 2 General actually. Can you advise please what to do?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Sorry mate, don't know the answer to that. I would imagine, you should notify UKVI about it immediately.

I had a quick look through,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

and there is no clear mention of Sponsor going bankrupt.

I was going to suggest you are better off posting this in the Tier 2 General forum, which I can see you already have.

Doing a quick search in the board, I found this,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... pt#p416763
Cheers,
OR