ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's MN1 applied and travel to India+ Child has UK Visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hpat

Child's MN1 applied and travel to India+ Child has UK Visa

Post by hpat » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello Gurus,

I have tried finding on forum but couldn't find same situation as me.

I have applied for British citizenship (AN) along with my child (MN1). Child was born in UK and has Indian passport and valid UK visa (dependent).
Now we may need to travel to India while our application is under process.

If out application is successful while we are in India what are the implications.

I guess for me it should not be an issue as adult becomes citizen after ceremony and that date is captured in certification.
But not sure if it'll be ok for child? or what date will be on child's certificate? same as mine?
1. Should child have any issue while entering UK. As could argue that child is British and coming with Indian passport and visa ( Visa automatically cancels on obtaining citizenship??)
2. When I surrender Indian passport for child, would I face any penalties or should be ok with 3 months grace period?

Would appreciate your expertise and help.

Thanks

hpat

Re: Child's MN1 applied and travel to India+ Child has UK Vi

Post by hpat » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:48 am

Hello Gurus can you please suggest if there could be an issue at UK boarder. I got response back from VFS stating my child would be cover under 3 months grace period, so doesn't attract penalty if returned under 3 months.

Thanks for your time.