ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Netherlands with EEA and the non EEA partner

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JulianaV

Moving to Netherlands with EEA and the non EEA partner

Post by JulianaV » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm not sure if I supposed to open a new thread. Plz apologizes if I got the wrong decision.

Actually I'm considering Berlin and Amsterdam as new place to live. Our configuration is

1- I'm Brazilian, Juli is Hungarian
2 -We have a dual citizenship 6 years old son
3 -We are living in UK since March
4- I was working here for 3 months - Actually job-seeking
5- My wife is working actually
6- We will move all togehter at once

I'm receiving phone calls from every country every week. It's a good sign ! But...

Well, sounds like in Germany I just need to proof with some how my right to work. So, basically I show my passport , wife passport and our marriage certificate (Is this correct, right ?)

Ok...but sounds like to Netherlands there is something a bit different. In fact "VERY" different. I supposed to have about 15k GBP to proof that we have funds enough to support ourselves for 1 year ?!?!?!?! ALERT !

I don't have such money. And I can't find at Google some scenario like "Move within your partner". Usually the documentations is always telling scenarios where my partner is already at Netherlands. It's not the case.

Is there anyone here to clarify me ? tyyyyyyyy

Your Europe
Newly Registered

Re: Moving to Netherlands with EEA and the non EEA partner

Post by Your Europe » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:56 am

Hi,

have a look at this perhaps: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... dex_en.htm:
  • Since your wife is an EU citizen, you can stay in any EU country for three months without having to apply for a residence card.
    After three months, you need to get a residence card. All that is required to do so are your passport, proof of residence (e.g. your lease contract) and your marriage certificate.
In the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page, you will find links to more specific information for all EU countries, including the Netherlands and Germany. In case of problems, you can also contact the European Commission's assistance services.

Good luck!

Donutz

Re: Moving to Netherlands with EEA and the non EEA partner

Post by Donutz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:08 pm

I am not sure were you got that info from? For regular settlement (residence permits) there is an income requirement that says you8 need to earn 100% minimum wage for atleast one whole year and not a single day less on the day the application is received by the IND (Immigration & Naturalisation Department of the Netherlands). There are no permits that will allow you to settle if you have X amount of money in the bank (well perhaps if you had billions in your bank, sufficient so the interest rate would be atleast monthly minimum wage... :mrgreen: ).

However since you are the family (spouse) of an EU citizen you can travel ( up to 3 months) or settle (longer then 3 months) in any EU/EEA country including the Netherlands and -since July has used her rights of Freedom of Movement-, also in her own country. Since you are already in the UK now I assume you have a Residence Card that says you are a family member of an EU/EEA citizen. These cards allow you to travel visa free around the EU/EEA member states. So you could just hop on the ferry or plane from UK to NL and find a place to live. Do not hand in your UK residence card until you got all the paperwork done in NL, you may even just keep the UK residence permit until it expires or is revoked. More info in the stickies. You may wish to confirm with the airliner or ferry if they know that people who carry a Residence Permit " EU/EEA family member" can travel visa free to any EU/EEA country. Officially you do not need a visa but many transport companies still do not know this after all these years... :roll:

Good luck!