ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence - Annual leave dates mismatch with absence dates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolwind
United Kingdom

Absence - Annual leave dates mismatch with absence dates

Post by coolwind » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 am

Hi ,

I am due to apply for my ILR soon. I have managed to get employer letters for my annual leaves. But, my dates of annual leave do not match with my absence dates because my absence also included some weekends, bank holidays and closure days which were not a part of my annual leave.

Is this going to be acceptable? All my absences are within the 180 days time frame.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Absence - Annual leave dates mismatch with absence dates

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:32 am

You will have to mention the actual absence from UK in the form, but the employer absence letter will have paid annual leaves only except weekends & bank holidays.(no problem)
Make them in a table column
First day of Holiday,Date of Return and Number of paid annual leaves (except weekends & bank holidays)

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 pm

The guidance mentions that:

Where short visits outside the UK, on weekends or other non-working days have taken place, evidence from the employer must be provided to confirm the applicant’s normal working pattern and show the absences occurred during a non-working period.

This sentence looks confusing. Does this mean if our absence includes a weekend or a bank holiday, do we need an employer for such absences as well?

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:15 pm

You can't provide a letter from your employer for your weekends & bank holidays absence of UK. So, you can provide the e-tickets for those days and mention it in a covering letter.