ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of language - 1.22

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaushal101
Newly Registered

Knowledge of language - 1.22

Post by kaushal101 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi,

I've a small doubt about section 1.22 on form AN, about knowledge of language.

The guide says that if I can produce my original degree certificate and a printout from point based calculator showing my degree, it would be sufficient to prove knowledge of language.

But the actual AN form as well as AN booklet doesn't mention this.

I have my original degree certificate, which is there on point based calculator. Would these two be sufficient? Or do I need to take separate exam or obtain NARIC confirmation letter?

Any help would be appreciated.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Knowledge of language - 1.22

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:35 am

Follow what Guide AN says.. read carefully where there is Either..AND ... OR..

Form AN needs to be updated..

check my replies if you still have any queries here....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1081479

kaushal101
Newly Registered

Post by kaushal101 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks for the response IndiMarshall.

The guide says below. I was thinking about going with the highlighted documents in green. I'm a little confused about the line "A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English"

Does this mean:
- Print out from point-based calculated AND
- Letter from NARIC confirming equivalend level of degree & level of English?

--------------------------------------------------

· Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test Supervisor; and either
· Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR
· Your original degree certificate and one of the following:
1. A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
2. An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show us that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK degree)
3. A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
4. An original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada), plus and original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming that the equivalent level of your degree, OR
· Your passport showing that you are a national of a majority English speaking country

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:47 am

kaushal101 wrote:Thanks for the response IndiMarshall.

The guide says below. I was thinking about going with the highlighted documents in green. I'm a little confused about the line "A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English"

Does this mean:
- Print out from point-based calculated AND
- Letter from NARIC confirming equivalend level of degree & level of English?

--------------------------------------------------

· Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test Supervisor; and either
· Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR
· Your original degree certificate and one of the following:
1. A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
2. An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show us that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK degree)
3. A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
4. An original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada), plus and original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming that the equivalent level of your degree, OR
· Your passport showing that you are a national of a majority English speaking country

Your question

I have my original degree certificate, which is there on point based calculator. Would these two be sufficient?

your degree has to be identified on PBS
and the degree should be awared 10 points for English..

if you satify these two.. u dont need NARIC.. or anyother..

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:03 am

"A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English"
means

your degree has to be identified on PBS
and the degree should be awared 10 points for English..

kaushal101
Newly Registered

Post by kaushal101 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:08 am

Perfect. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Yes, degree of both me & my wife are visible on PBS, and they are awarded 10 points for English as well.

Looks like we're okay without any letter from NARIC or letter from our universities confirming that the degree was taught in English, as PBS already knows that.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:19 am

kaushal101 wrote:Perfect. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Yes, degree of both me & my wife are visible on PBS, and they are awarded 10 points for English as well.

Looks like we're okay without any letter from NARIC or letter from our universities confirming that the degree was taught in English, as PBS already knows that.
You are fine.. make sure u take the correct prinout...not the one you find immediately on screen on PBS calculator..

Finish the whole points table.. take complete form.. otherwise they wont consider it..

kaushal101
Newly Registered

Post by kaushal101 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Oh, ok. Will surely keep that in mind. Thanks once again!

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Your degree must score 20 or more points for Qualification apart from 10 points for English language requirement. Otherwise you need UK NARIC letters.

Seniors please correct me if I'm wrong.