ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driver offence and ILR for person who have one kid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fqvision

Driver offence and ILR for person who have one kid

Post by fqvision » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:47 am

dear friends

I am very confuse well in 19th sep 2011 I stopped by police and get 4 months ban and fine 60 pound I had two endorsement no insurance. And no licence. I been in court on date 16 feb 2012.
Well my son and wife bone in uk and settled. I am on FLR 2 years
My wife and son will attend my application with me
My question are

1 does its gona effect me?
2 who long is rehabilitation time for driving endorsement. ?
3 if I apply in 2nd septermber on one day service?
Please help me
Thankc
Fadi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:50 am

The issue is that a conviction is a general grounds for refusal for 24 months. You should extend your stay on flr(m) until 24 months since your conviction has lapsed.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:47 am

Dear guru

If I apply on 20th septermber still its gona same
or have any chance to get ILR because date of offence is 19 sep 2011 and court date is 16 feb 2012 which will they consider as a start

And if I apply for FLR extension . So do I have to go through 2 years rute or 5 years which forms I have to use

Can you please send me your number in private mail box

Thats will be appreciated

Thankx
Fswad

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I assume you're on a spouse visa. You would extend on flr(m) the old rules. The date of conviction is the relevant date. You would be eligible for set(m) ilr when 24 months had lapsed from the date of conviction.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:24 pm

D4109125 wrote:I assume you're on a spouse visa. You would extend on flr(m) the old rules. The date of conviction is the relevant date. You would be eligible for set(m) ilr when 24 months had lapsed from the date of conviction.

I GOT MY ILR

thanks for great help,,,,,,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:15 pm

fqvision wrote:Hello there,
I will really appreciate your advice on my case...

I am currently holding a spouse visa which is expiring in sep 2013. I have been convicted with driving without insurance in UK. I was fined in the court with points. in Feb 2011
I was looking at the Set (M) to fill out for the ILR and there was a section for 'Personal History', which requires declaration of any ciminal and traffic offences.

For the question regarding 'the nature of the offence', do I answer 'traffic offence' or are they looking for any other information about the offence?

I wonder also if anyone knows of cases where applicants were refused the ILR due to the declaration of driving without insurance? I am extremely worried.

I will put in the details of my conviction ie. Court Order #, penalty, conviction date. Any other information I need to include? I just want all information in the form to be clear, factual and concise, without over-lengthy explanation which may sound like an excuse. Do I need to explain reason for not being insured (negligence) in the form or just leave that?

Can I apply in person in this case (as I am not sure this will be considered a straightforward case)? Other than this conviction, everything else is straightforward as I am married to a British and have one KID and we both are working full time without claiming any benefits.

Please do advise as any advice and information will be most helpful. Really appreciate it.

Regards,
fqvi
D4109125 wrote:As 24 months has lapsed the conviction will no longer be a general grounds for refusal. Declare it as a conviction - traffic offence (driving without insurance). You can apply at the PEO. If you have children, your spouse may claim child benefit in his/her name and you may claim tax credits jointly without it affecting your application.
fqvision wrote:Sorry ITs year 2012 not 2011
well if i apply for FLR (M)
do i have to provide financial requirement,
and what about the personal history section (do I still need to mention driving offence)
and can I try first IRL if the refuse me so same day same time I can request to submit my FLR(M)
Please advice
fqvision wrote:Sorry ITs year 2012 not 2011
well if i apply for FLR (M)
do i have to provide financial requirement,
and what about the personal history section (do I still need to mention driving offence)
and can I try first IRL if the refuse me so same day same time I can request to submit my FLR(M)
Please advice
fqvision wrote:I GOT MY ILR with Driving Offence lol

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:15 pm

fqvision wrote:Hi Friends,

I am very excited to tell my story on same day but due to some resions.

well

I am worried about my IRL, past few months regarding to Driving Offence, i wrote many article and ask for help. on different web site and blogs. and solicitors , every one give me advice to go for two years Extension,

my immigration history

i came into uk in sep 2010,

in sep 2011, police stop me, without insurance, and licence, i went to court on 16-02-2012, i paid fine. and 4 months disqualification,

I got married with British Citizen in july 2011, and get my 2 years Spouse visa on 19 sep 2011,

due to new law of Criminality i was very upset, well
i book 3rd of September in PEO Birmingham ,

I prepare two files , one file FLR(M) Extension, second SET(M)

6 prove of address. in separate folder and ,

pictures payslip, birth certificate , passport and other document in separate folder ,

i wake up early in morning, start journey to Solihull office about 25 minutes far from my house, as i reach there they told me to come back, because i was a hour early Shocked

well after a hour went back my wife and kid are also with me,

first they did my security check and give me token, and i start wait, after 5 minutes they call 217 Token number on window 1, well

i was very nervous, well as i reach at windows, i said to him good morning, and he ask me you wana file for IRL, then i told him,

Sir, I am very confuse, I have a problem with my application, because i have driving offence, and that less then two years, if my application gona refuse or if i am not eligible so please tell me i don't want to waste my money i prefer to go for Extension,

Question well he said to me i am not case worker just submit we will give to response in two hours, i submit my SET-M form, and give combine document file, like passport and birth certificate and payslips,

but ...... Shocked not proof of address,,, OMG Shocked

well as i submit come back in waiting room very upset

told my wife i ma very upset, i don't know why,,, i told her i lost my 1500 Pounds,, hehehheheheh

after 20 minutes one of Security officer call my token number and told me go out and come back after 2 hours,

as i went out very upset , in town centre after half hour look at my back and shout!! OMG i forget my Proof of address, i quickly run in to PEO again, and in security check request them i forget Sad Question very confuse,,, after that O-M-G very upset, well

in short after two hours came back and, wait,, first they call my token number and Said Congratulate you got ILR, I am so excited,

i explain here ,, well

I take a risk,

Thanks God...

if any one have same satiation mail me

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm

I think you were lucky, the guidance at present is not very helpful regarding on what constitutes a conviction and unless you have a qualification in law it's often confusing.

However, immigration and nationality criminality guidance is getting an overhaul and new guidance is to be released imminently. One hopes that will allow for greater consistency and certainty in decision making.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:00 pm

D4109125 wrote:I think you were lucky, the guidance at present is not very helpful regarding on what constitutes a conviction and unless you have a qualification in law it's often confusing.

However, immigration and nationality criminality guidance is getting an overhaul and new guidance is to be released imminently. One hopes that will allow for greater consistency and certainty in decision making.

Yes Guru

I feel luck, i believe its prays of my mom and dad lol

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:48 pm

fqvision wrote:I Move in to Uk in Sep 2010 as a Student

i get my FLR(m) in Sep 2011 marry with British citizen

switch On ILR in Sep 2013

Please advice me for next step, and when

and requirement Please ...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Your conviction will be a bar for 3 years for the purpose of nationality applications.

fqvision

Re:

Post by fqvision » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:32 am

Amber wrote:I assume you're on a spouse visa. You would extend on flr(m) the old rules. The date of conviction is the relevant date. You would be eligible for set(m) ilr when 24 months had lapsed from the date of conviction.

No Mr Amber its ILR for 10 years

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Driver offence and ILR for person who have one kid

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:31 pm

You asked about naturalisation!