ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed and Employed. Cat B?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: Self employed and Employed. Cat B?

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Application will need to be put before contract end.

Provided savings exceeds 16000, any amount over 16000, can be added after being divided by 2.5.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know how likely it is that an employment check will be done? I am paid two weeks late so this may work to my advantage.

Also I didn't understand the second part of your answer. I have 24k of savings. can I combine this with my new income or will my new income need be over 18600?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Don't apply if you're not in employment, I'll suggest you get a job first b4 applying, you don't have to wait for long as you already have enough income in the past 12 months.
If you apply and you're not in employment, I'm afraid that can result in refusal,because if your employer is called that will change what is stated in the letter even if you got one before leaving. Application takes an average of 3 to 6 months,moreover you need to remember you need to get a letter from your employer stating your job status,how do you intend to fulfill that?
Cat B is still viable, cat A is out of the way if you stop working.
Just my little advice though

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Can my new job's income be below 18600 (combined with relevant savings) or must it be £18600 and above?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:08 pm

You need to understand how cat B works,cat B is income you've earned in the past 12 months,cat A is more or less what you'll earn.
Just add all your income in the past 12 months and you're fine. You don't even need to combine savings if it's more than 18600.
Cat B is for ppl that have been in employment for less than 6 months,in other word,even if it's just a day,you should be fine.
You need to be in employment, how long doesn't matter with cat B,you've already earned the money and spent it,all you need to present are:
Bank statements in the last 12 months,
Pay slips
Letter from present employers.
* doesn't have to be 12 months, it can be less but not more,just make sure you've already earned the amount.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Correction,cat B is for ppl that have been in employment for less than 6 months but probably working somewhere else b4 or those whose income are not on a monthly basis or regular

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Ok I think I get it now :lol: thank you for the explanation :shock: :oops:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Well i don't follow you.

The purpose of the employer's letter is to confirm the nature of the employee's terms of employment, and not to confirm they have a contract of indefinite nature.

The employer, can confirm if an employee has a fix contract, permanent contract or is an Agency staff.

If OP cease to work on a contract and them commence working on other basis, i don't believe it will affect her chances.

In regards to the 24K, you will be able to use 3200 from them towards the 18600 requirement. Therefore, provided you can demonstrate you have held it for 6 months, you will only need to show that you are earning 15,400 every year.

If you are going to be working for the same employer, but just without a contract, i don't believe there will be any problem.

It appears you have been working for this employer for a while but lots of changes has occurred over this period, like from Self-Employed to Employed, and so on.

Provided you are still with them, then you will not have an issue per sa.

I suggested applying before contracts end, on the basis that you will still be working there albeit without a contract.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:42 pm

My advice is based on the fact that the op will be working for another employer. As you said nothing changes if she's still working with the same employer. Obviously the nature of the contract has no effect on the application.
Whatever she chooses to do,she needs to be working with an employer at the time of the application.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:44 pm

I am an agency worker. My contract finishes with the agency on Friday and from then on I will be unemployed.

Therefore I believe i just need to wait till I have a new job.

I will apply using cat b - show my income of 20k for the past 12 months with the relevant evidence and also a letter from my current employer.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Well that is fine.

Judging by the savings you mentioned, you only need to show an earning of 15,600, and you will be fine, so it is not the end of the world if income is below 18600 with any prospective employer.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Yep. Ok thank you :) :)

pug23

Post by pug23 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi. Its me again. Sorry to be a pain, but I could to with the help please.

I have had a job offer that will have a starting salary of 17k and will rise to 19k after some weeks. It is a job on a contract basis and is with an agency.

With my current situation would I be able to apply for spouse visa within a few weeks of being in this job?

Thanks in advance.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Yes,you should be fine under cat B as I said b4.
*it will be wise to start the job b4 applying not with the offer.