ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT help Needed My Sponsor Bankrupted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxelbrig
Newly Registered

URGENT help Needed My Sponsor Bankrupted

Post by maxelbrig » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi there!

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa and have been working for nearly a year for a company (my sponsor) who recently has gone into administration, therefore, the company doesn't exist any more, and all employees are left without contract in this case as a person who are in sponsorship visa, it affects me badly, so so can anyone please advise me what to do next? shall I inform UKBA that my sponsor has gone bankrupt ? if I remain in the country, will this be illegal? what should I do?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Many thanks,

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: URGENT help Needed My Sponsor Bankrupted

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 am

Administration is not bankruptcy, it is a form of insolvency that may lead to the saving of the business or it may lead to the.final winding up.
The things that should be done:
The administrator should contact UKVI and inform them that the business is in administration
The administrator will take on the role of authorising officer and should appoint new key contact and new level 1 users on SMS

Your visa will not be curtailed at this stage as long as you are continued to be employed.

Depending on the outcome of the administration, if the business carries on you can carry on working for the Sponsor, or even transferred to another company through TUPE.

If the business folds then you will receive a curtailment letter giving you 60 days to find another sponsor or leave the UK.

I would start looking for another job personally and see if you can get another Sponsor. Most businesses fold after going into administration.

As you say your position is not good, are you still getting paid?