ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Double entry in the UK on a Code 1A stamp

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JFS
Newly Registered

Double entry in the UK on a Code 1A stamp

Post by JFS » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 am

Dear all,

because of time issues, my wife (non EEA national) and I (Spanish national, working in London for 2 years already) are planning to enter the UK in a few days and seek admission at port under the EEA regulations without FP.

We will have all the docs ready so I assume my wife (despite she still has a visitor visa still valid) will get a Code 1A stamp. The issue however is that we would like to go back to her homecountry in a couple of weeks to pick up more of her things towards the move. This means therefore, that we would leave together the UK and seek admission (again) on the same merits but having already a Code 1A Stamp. My questions therefore are:

-Does the Code 1A operate as 6 months multiple entry?
-If above is answered in the negative, would BA be placing a second stamp on her passport upon production of the relevant documentation?

Many thanks.

Kind regards
J

dalebutt

Re: Double entry in the UK on a Code 1A stamp

Post by dalebutt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 am

Code1A is not a multiple entry, yes she will receive a second stamp.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Double entry in the UK on a Code 1A stamp

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:06 pm

As an aside, I think Code 1A has been replaced by a "EEA Dependant" ink stamp.

Home office reply to FOI request
If the officer is satisfied that the passenger is eligible for admission, the passenger's valid
passport will be endorsed at the border using an "EEA Dependant" ink stamp for a period
of six months. This stamp has replaced the "code 1A" stamp previously used for this
purpose.

It is not possible to apply for an EEA Dependant stamp once the person has entered the
UK, since this stamp is only used at the border in the circumstances described above. If a
non-EEA national who is already in the UK believes they have a right to reside as a family
member under the EEA Regulations, the appropriate to document to apply for would be a
residence card.