ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SUCCESS AT BELFAST PEO - ILR ICT T2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sewatkar
Newly Registered

SUCCESS AT BELFAST PEO - ILR ICT T2

Post by sewatkar » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:06 am

Hi All,

Always saw people posting their experiences at different PEO's but when I tried to look for Belfast, I couldn't find many. So thought why not post my experience at the Belfast PEO. I applied for ILR under ICT Tier 2. The PEO is not very busy ! I had my appointment with my dependents( my Wife and Daughter) here. Our appointment was at 9:00 AM. They ask you to reach 15 min sooner. We reached there at 8:40, Got into the building, they asked for the PEO Appointment letter copy. Matched our names and then asked us to undergo the security check.The cellphones have to be switched off.

We were asked to sit in front of counter No # 1. At 9:00 AM the guy at the counter asked us for our application, then he asked us for the supporting documents, Originals + Photocopies. We were allocated the token then. Remember the Fees is already paid in full when you book the appointment online, thus all you need is the document placed and arranged in a correct order when you go to the window.We were asked to then wait in the waiting area. You do not have even drinking water in the PEO - Bring your own. There's Sainsbury/ M&S and a Big Forrest Side shopping center if you need anything but then you have to step out of the building for that ! You are not allowed to switch your phone on. I had charged my phone completely and thought it will be handy to keep my lil one busy, but it didn't happen.

AT 9:25 we were called in for our Bio metrics, They took photos, signature, bio metrics and all from both of us and only photo for my daughter. Then we were again asked to wait in the waiting area. At 10:55 I was called at one of the counters and given the decision "ILR GRANTED" :D . We were given all our original documents back. We verified our document and left.

Documents That I took.

1 Set (O) Form Filled
2 Printout of PEO Appointment Email
3 Printout of Online Payment sheet
4 All Passports (Old + New)
5 Bio-metric Resident Permits
6 UK Photo for each (with Name on the back) 2 X 3
7 Marriage Certificate
8 Daughter's Birth Certificate (from India)
9 Employer Letter for SOC Code
10 Employer Letter Absences
11 Employer Letter Cohabitation
12 Salary Slips Last One Year
13 Bank Statements Last One Year
14 Tax History Letter HMRC (No P60's ,I had kept them with me in case they would have asked, but didn't submit them, but your tax history that HMRC gives is the exact summary of your P60)
15 Life in UK Certificate X 2
16 Original Degree Certificate (Wife)
17 Original Degree Certificate (Myself)
18 Point Based Calculator Printout showing 30 Points for both of us (individual printouts for Different Universities)
19 GP Letter for Wife and Daughter (As Cohabitation Proof)
20 House Agreement (As Cohabitation Proof)
21 Electricity Bill (As Cohabitation Proof)
22 Our Medical Cards (As Cohabitation Proof)
23 Past GP Test Reports (As Cohabitation Proof)
24 Past Hospital/ Appointment Letter / Test Result Letters (As Cohabitation Proof)
25 Electoral Office Letter (As Cohabitation Proof)
26 Copies of Passport Page containing Details/Stamps
27 COS Letter ( Last 3 Extensions)
28 Covering Letter for Co-habitation (I spoke to the help line and they asked me to put one so I gave, As I thought my CO-habitation proofs were not enough)

+

Photocopies of all the above documents.

We had our appointment on 5 Aug and got our ILR BRP's on 7 Aug :D

Just FYI -
UK Visas and Immigration contact center (May change in future)
Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

I had always read the posts here and people's replies and helpful tips. Thought I'll post mine if it helps someone. All the best to those who are going to apply. :)

London786
Newly Registered

Re: SUCCESS AT BELFAST PEO - ILR ICT T2

Post by London786 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:39 am

Congrats Sewatkar.....

I am also applying ILR very soon under Tier 2 ICT....As my Visa stamped on 16th Oct 2009 and entered in UK on 25th Oct 2009 so based on 90 days entry clearance rule and 28 days prior to 5 years completion, I am planning to go for ILR on 20th September 2014.

Shall I mentioned above lines in my cover letter??? Also If you could share cover letter then would be a great as I have seen few cover letters on this forum but mostly are related to Tier 1 category.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Post by sewatkar » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Raj,

I don't think you need covering letter. Frankly I think covering letter is only needed for complicated applications, where there are more documents/ explanations required. For ICT T2 the case is not complicated unless you've not breached a law(like some Traffic Rule) or some civil case is there against you, or some critical documents is missing. If you have all the docs in place and put them in logical manner before them - it will speak for itself. I don't think people give covering letters for ICT T2 ILR.

hooplakid
Newly Registered
India

Post by hooplakid » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Many congratulation Sewatkar for your ILR.
In your post you mentioned that you submitted a covering letter .

"Covering Letter for Co-habitation (I spoke to the help line and they asked me to put one so I gave, As I thought my CO-habitation proofs were not enough)"

My wife is living with me since 2010 but dont think I have enough document. Could you please provide more detail on the covering letter which help line suggested to you ? Could you please provide me the format ? How is it going to help ?

Regards,
Hooplakid

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Post by sewatkar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Hoopla KId Here you go....
To,
UKBA
UKBA OFFICE ADDRSSS TO WHICH APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED

From,
NAME
MAY ADDRESS

Date: 5 August 2014

Subject: Co-habitation Proof

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I, NAME, (bearing passport number <>) am applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain along with my dependants below

Wife: FULL PP NAME (Passport Number <>), Age XX Years
Daughter: FULL PP NAME (Passport Number <>), Age XX Years

During their stay in the UK, my wife and daughter have always stayed with me, currently at the below address.

MY HOME ADDRESS

I was not aware of a requirement to prove that my wife is staying with me for settlement application to UKBA. As part of our house clean-up we got rid of most the past GP/Hospital letters addressed to my wife. I also had not registered her name on the Electricity Bill until recently. My wife has been registered with GP, from which I am submitting a letter, our Joint Bank account statements from HSBC since August last year and a letter from my employer confirming she says with me. I have also submitted my latest House agreement with my wife’s name on it. In all for co-habitation I am submitting the below documents:

1.) Latest NI Electricity Bill
2.) Joint bank account statements since Aug 2013
3.) Letter from GP confirming their registration since Aug 2012
4.) Letter from my employer
5.) Medical Card
6.) Past GP Test Reports
7.) A few past letters for her hospital appointments at Belfast Hospital
8.) Electoral Office Letter in her name from Jan 2013
9.) House Agreement jointly in our name

I again confirm that my wife and my daughter have always stayed with me, for any further information, I would request you to contact me on the following numbers or via e-mail at e-mail@gmail.com:

Mobile : +44 NUMBER
Landline : +44 NUMBER

Yours faithfully,

NAME
Belfast, UK

hooplakid
Newly Registered
India

Post by hooplakid » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks Sewatkar. It is a great help.