ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thisismyusername
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Thisismyusername » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:27 pm

No, that's not me:). Thank you for your responsiveness
Shahkakaram wrote:
Thisismyusername wrote:Hi,
No I didn't miss any bio letter. This is the first time I've heard back. I didn't know it was going to take that long.
Shahkakaram wrote:@thisismyusername ,

Hi ,
Did you vary your application in May 2014 or Did u miss any bio invitation letter by any chance ?

Regards ,
S.Akaram
Thanks for sharing this " Late Bio Invitation " news with the member of this forum ,

there is a member on the google spread sheet with the name "K" who also applied on 30/05/2014 and according to his/her timeline he/she still not registered his timeline regarding bio metric .... is that you ?

Don't worry Inshallah you will be get your reply very soon ...

Regards ,
S.Akaram

azee14
Newly Registered

Post by azee14 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi all,
I have a quick question.my student(on time application- applied in January) extension visa was refused 2006 (in April) due to my stupid error. and I made an appeal on time. then I was called for the hearing by Tribunal in May. unfortunately I couldn't attend it(as I was sick), but my solicitor (or representative) attended and got an another date for the hearing after 2 months(July). then I attended on that day, and everything went well. I won the appeal got my visa in September. My question is, would this break my continuous residence? I would be much grateful, if any senior member could answer my question.
Many thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

azee14 wrote:Hi all,
I have a quick question.my student(on time application- applied in January) extension visa was refused 2006 (in April) due to my stupid error. and I made an appeal on time. then I was called for the hearing by Tribunal in May. unfortunately I couldn't attend it(as I was sick), but my solicitor (or representative) attended and got an another date for the hearing after 2 months(July). then I attended on that day, and everything went well. I won the appeal got my visa in September. My question is, would this break my continuous residence? I would be much grateful, if any senior member could answer my question.
Many thanks
Hi azee14,
No your continuous stay is not broken, it is all good.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:@thisismyusername ,

Hi ,
You submitted your application in the end of May 2014 ? i hope its not typing error ?
Did you vary your application ?

Its quite strange that you recieved your bio metric invitation after 3 months ...seems quite long time but the good thing is that atleast you got it ....well i think your decision will be with you in few weeks time ...

Best of luck
keep updating us
regards ,
S . Akaram
Hi thisismyusername,
I agree with S.Akaram 3 months to get a biometric invitation is unheard of. Surely you would have queried the Home Office about it ? and what was their take on it ? It is really strange when the usual time line for a LR application is 4 to 4.5 months your biometric invitation took almost 3 months. Hope that you have straight forward case.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Siko

Post by Siko » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi
I got my acknowledgment letter on 13/8/2014
I got my biometrics letter on 3/9/2014 and biometrics
Recorded on same day
Kind regards
Siko

azee14
Newly Registered

Post by azee14 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:52 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
azee14 wrote:Hi all,
Many thanks
Hi azee14,
No your continuous stay is not broken, it is all good.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thank you very much for your prompt reply Shahjee. u made my day. I ve been worrying all these days :)
have a great day
with regards

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Siko wrote:Hi
I got my acknowledgment letter on 13/8/2014
I got my biometrics letter on 3/9/2014 and biometrics
Recorded on same day
Kind regards
Siko
thanks for the update Siko.. it looks like im still a couple of weeks away from my bio invitation. hope its sooner but the HO CW's seem to have relaxed a bit

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Thisismyusername wrote:End of May:sent in my application
September 1st:received biometric
September 2nd: did my biometric
When exactly did you send your application? Would be a good idea to get you in on the tracker.

navsan8182
Newly Registered

Post by navsan8182 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi guys..

Caring is Sharing... I was browsing the net when I found some useful information...Just thought I share with those interested.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 8.pdf.html

samu140

Post by samu140 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Malibu.B wrote:Malibu.B wrote:
Hi all, update on when payment was taken.

Application Sent: 28/08/2014
Application Received: 29/08/2014
Payment Taken: 01/09/2014
Acknowledgement Letter Dated:
Acknowledgement Received:
Bio Letter Dated:
Bio Enrolment:
Approval Date:
Docs Received:
BRP Received:

Fingers crossed and I wish all August 2014 applicants best of luck and of course to other applicants. For those senior members and most active forum members please keep up the good spirit of sharing useful information .
Application Sent: 27/08/2014
Application Received: 28/08/2014
Payment Taken: postal orders
Acknowledgement Letter Dated:
Acknowledgement Received:
Keep Updating

newgirl21
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl21 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 pm

fielddrive wrote:
newgirl21 wrote:Hi,

Am new to this forum. Getting ready to submit my ILR application, is there any benefit to using a solicitor? Does it reduce the waiting period?
totally agree with shahkakaram ... if your application is straight forward then DIY is the best option.
Thanks for the reply S.Akaram and fielddrive. I believe my application is straightforward. The only part am not sure of is that I have a visiting visa before my student visa permit and I don't know if the period on the visiting visa would count towards the 10 years. Does anyone know?

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Post by ukvisaengland » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:32 pm

newgirl21 wrote:
fielddrive wrote: Thanks for the reply S.Akaram and fielddrive. I believe my application is straightforward. The only part am not sure of is that I have a visiting visa before my student visa permit and I don't know if the period on the visiting visa would count towards the 10 years. Does anyone know?

It does count, you should be fine. good luck with your application :)

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shah jee.

Thanks very much for helping me out in making up my mind and filling out the application form SET(LR). I have prepared the apllication and all supportive documents required. However, I have noticed a GAP between Visas as below which is giving me a little stress.

First visa expiry date 30-11-2005
Second visa Received: 12-02-2006 (56 days)
I don't have any refusal stamp or anything on my passport. I have had applied through my college at that time and was sent to the home office before expiry date ( counting on college). Is there anything I should be worried?

I have also applied for SAR last month and still waiting to receive it.
Please advise. Thanks

Kind Regards
Bharat
Hi Bharat bahi,
If you applied for the extension in time than you don't need to worry about any thing.
One of my visa took good 4 months from the date of application, but nothing happened to me as I applied for extension of the visa in time. If the Home Office is going to take long to decide it, than it is their problem not mine.
And you don't need any acknowledgement letters to prove any thing, so no need to produce any acknowledgement letters. As I said if your extension application was in time, than no worries.
All the best Bharat bahi.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi Shahjee,
Thanks very much for taking time to answer my query. You answer has given me hope that everything is fine. It's already 40 days since I have applied for SAR, they don't have any number to contact them but hopefully I get to receive this in few days and check myself to clear the doubts. I will keep you updated as you have really helped me out which I truly appreciate.

Kind Regards
Bharat

shahabrar
Newly Registered

Post by shahabrar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am

Hi Guys And Gurus
Some of kind member replied on this issue before I am still confused I will highly appreciate if you please guide me on this point by point because I need to apply just waiting for these replies can not afford solicitor fee at this moment will highly highly appreciate your replies please ASAP as soon as get the replies will apply and please guide me which form I need to use or I should go to some solicitors but bit worried about fees
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Can my dependents apply with me?
If no will I have to apply their visa after my ILR?
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:49 pm

shahabrar wrote:Hi Guys And Gurus
Some of kind member replied on this issue before I am still confused I will highly appreciate if you please guide me on this point by point because I need to apply just waiting for these replies can not afford solicitor fee at this moment will highly highly appreciate your replies please ASAP as soon as get the replies will apply and please guide me which form I need to use or I should go to some solicitors but bit worried about fees
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Can my dependents apply with me?
If no will I have to apply their visa after my ILR?
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance
Hi Shahabrar,
If your wife and son have a valid leave to remain/ visa to stay than they don't need to apply for the extension of their visa yet, as you mentioned that they have another 6 months and than they will qualify for their own 10 years long residency ILR. Mind it they can apply 28 days earlier than completion of their 10 years, if it helps in your case.
As you mention that you are ready to apply so considering the present time line of 17-20 weeks by the time you get a positive reply to your application, it will be almost time for your wife and son to apply for their SET(LR)
Regards to your daughter that is born here, you can apply for her registration as a British National on form MN1, but that will be after either you or your Mrs ( any one of you) gets your ILR.
I hope it helps. All the best with your and your family applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:35 pm

ukvisaengland wrote:Hey buddy, what do u mean by google drive? Can u plz post the link so that we can check it out plz.
Explain us in the easiest way possible plz
Thx man
please find the link bellow

everyone write their timeline so it gives you a hint when you will expect your decision :)
you can sharew your time line in there as well.
have a good weekend mate :)[/quote]

Hi all, just notice that some1 update my timeline on google drive, thank you.

It seems quite odd that someone on this forum got his/her acknowledgement letter 3 month later. As H/O receive my application on the 30 May and got my acknowledgement letter dated 03/06/2014 by no later than 09/06/2014. Was just wondering why the delay?

Can someone please let us know if their are any delays in processing application at the moment by H/O as the google drive or this forum hasn't been update for a while by anyone on their decision.

Take care and god bless us all

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi all

Just wanna let you all know my wife SET(m) application has been approved thanks to Almighty Allah.Would like to thank Shahjee for his help and moral support.

We had PEO appointment today and it all went very smoothly.

My prayers are with all of those who are waiting.

Regards

3stars
Newly Registered

Post by 3stars » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi all,
I applied for ILR (lr) along with my three children in July. Can someone please add our details on the spreadsheet

Our time line is

Date applied all four:11-07-14
Acknowledgement letter dated (4): 15-07-14
Fees taken (4): 15-07-14

Biometrics letter(1):31-07-14
Biometrics done (1): 11-08-14

Biometrics letters (3): 22-08-14
Biometrics done (3): 26-08-14
Approval Date:waiting

Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:35 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Hi all

Just wanna let you all know my wife SET(m) application has been approved thanks to Almighty Allah.Would like to thank Shahjee for his help and moral support.

We had PEO appointment today and it all went very smoothly.

My prayers are with all of those who are waiting.

Regards
Hi Nasir bahi, many many congratulations to you and your Mrs. very well done, really happy for you. You were focused and you got the results. Enjoy your complete freedom.
And you know you are always welcome. Many thanks. Take care and please remember me in your prayers.
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Hello shahjee and others,
I spoken with my bank to inform them that I will pay to home office £1093. But they say that they cannot guarantee that it will smoothly process even informing them in advance because they said that their automatic security system may detect this transaction as unusual. Few years ago I paid £600 without informing them then i went smoothly. Please give me suggestion.

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:17 pm

cool mind wrote:Hello shahjee and others,
I spoken with my bank to inform them that I will pay to home office £1093. But they say that they cannot guarantee that it will smoothly process even informing them in advance because they said that their automatic security system may detect this transaction as unusual. Few years ago I paid £600 without informing them then i went smoothly. Please give me suggestion.

hi coolmind

i don't think so it will be a problem depends who you bank with mine went through couple of days ago i bank with HSBC never told them or anything so don't worry it will all be good in sha allah

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:00 pm

My bank told me the same.. but it went through anyway. get them to put some note on the account and thats the best you can do.

and take it easy dont worry too much

ijaz.khanz
Newly Registered

Post by ijaz.khanz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:15 pm

My wife recieved her ILR today (thanks to Almighty ALLAH) her time line is as follow
Application Sent: 01/05/2014
Application Received: 05/05/2014
Payment Taken: 12/05/2014
Acknowledgement Received: 17/05/2014
Bio Letter Dated:28/05/2014
Bio Enrolment:02/06/2014
Approval Date:03/09/2014
Docs Received:04/09/2014
BRP Received:waiting

good luck all those waiting.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:18 pm

fielddrive wrote:
My bank told me the same.. but it went through anyway. get them to put some note on the account and thats the best you can do.

and take it easy dont worry too much
Thanks field drive. Actually all banks have automatic security system which detect unusual transactions. They can't make note. But in past I never told them and never problem. Only this time I told them and got reply that automatic security system do monitoring. What will you advise as the debit card and account is perfectly working and have sufficient funds to pay fee.

Malibu.B
Newly Registered

Post by Malibu.B » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:26 pm

ijaz.khanz wrote:My wife recieved her ILR today (thanks to Almighty ALLAH) her time line is as follow
Application Sent: 01/05/2014
Application Received: 05/05/2014
Payment Taken: 12/05/2014
Acknowledgement Received: 17/05/2014
Bio Letter Dated:28/05/2014
Bio Enrolment:02/06/2014
Approval Date:03/09/2014
Docs Received:04/09/2014
BRP Received:waiting

good luck all those waiting.

Hello ijaz.khanz,
congratulations on your wife's successful ILR. Could you please share your wife's visa history and what category of ILR she applied on?