ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some queries on T-1 extentions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vigneswar
Newly Registered

Some queries on T-1 extentions

Post by vigneswar » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Hello,

Can you please help me with my situation -

Application date from India : 13-Jul-2010
Initial Visa data : 01-Sep-2010
Initial entry to UK : 17-Mar-2011
Valid till : 01-Sep-2012

1st extension
Start Date : 01-Sep-2012
End Date : 01-Sep-2015

As the initial date of entry is not within 90 days, I have to go for 2nd extension.
T-1 extensions are apparently closing on 5-Apr-2015 - https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general
So, I am planning to extend the visa sometime later this year or early next year.

Spouse details :
Initial Visa data : 24-Aug-2012
Intial entry to UK : 07-Sep-2012
Valid till : 01-Sep-2015

Our kid was born here in the UK last month.
We have a travel plan to India next year and my wife(& kid) wants to stay in India for 3 months.

Q1. Would my visa be extended for 3 more years ?
Not that it really matters to me(as I would only need a year for ILR), but my wife would need 3 full years to complete her 5 years stay in UK.

From the website -
You can extend or switch to a Tier 1 (General) visa for a maximum of 3 years if you applied for a Tier 1 (General) visa on or after 6 April 2010
Can someone who has applied recently confirm this please ?

Q2. When I get my ILR in Feb-2016, Can my wife still continue with the same T1-Dependent visa before she can get her ILR ?
OR should she change her status to FLR ?

Q3. I see a huge difference in Visa fee from India(874£) and from UK(2007£).
Can my wife also apply for her visa extension in India(assuming she does it well before September-2015, so her current visa will still be active)
In such a case, would her stay get reset to 0 ?

Q4. Is it OK to apply for Indian passport and UK Visa for my kid from India itself ?
Also, will my kid get citizenship as soon as I get my ILR(as she was born here). Or should both of us have ILRs, for the kid to be eligible for citizenship ?

I know some of these questions were discussed earlier, but cannot find concrete answers.
Would appreciate any inputs on the above queries.

Thanks,
Vignesh

O_Relly

Re: Some queries on T-1 extentions

Post by O_Relly » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Answers below in red,
vigneswar wrote:Hello,

Can you please help me with my situation -

Application date from India : 13-Jul-2010
Initial Visa data : 01-Sep-2010
Initial entry to UK : 17-Mar-2011
Valid till : 01-Sep-2012

1st extension
Start Date : 01-Sep-2012
End Date : 01-Sep-2015

As the initial date of entry is not within 90 days, I have to go for 2nd extension.
T-1 extensions are apparently closing on 5-Apr-2015 - https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general
So, I am planning to extend the visa sometime later this year or early next year.

Spouse details :
Initial Visa data : 24-Aug-2012
Intial entry to UK : 07-Sep-2012
Valid till : 01-Sep-2015

Our kid was born here in the UK last month.
We have a travel plan to India next year and my wife(& kid) wants to stay in India for 3 months.

Q1. Would my visa be extended for 3 more years ?
Not that it really matters to me(as I would only need a year for ILR), but my wife would need 3 full years to complete her 5 years stay in UK.

From the website -
You can extend or switch to a Tier 1 (General) visa for a maximum of 3 years if you applied for a Tier 1 (General) visa on or after 6 April 2010
Can someone who has applied recently confirm this please ?

[OR] Yes, it will be 3 years.

Q2. When I get my ILR in Feb-2016, Can my wife still continue with the same T1-Dependent visa before she can get her ILR ?
OR should she change her status to FLR ?

[OR] She can continue on her PBS Dependent visa.

Q3. I see a huge difference in Visa fee from India(874£) and from UK(2007£).
Can my wife also apply for her visa extension in India(assuming she does it well before September-2015, so her current visa will still be active)
In such a case, would her stay get reset to 0 ?

[OR] Applying from India is Entry Clearance (EC) and not extension. Yes, her ILR clock will get reset.

Q4. Is it OK to apply for Indian passport and UK Visa for my kid from India itself ?
Also, will my kid get citizenship as soon as I get my ILR(as she was born here). Or should both of us have ILRs, for the kid to be eligible for citizenship ?

[OR] You daughter will need a passport to travel out of the UK first, so apply for Indian passport in the UK and then you can apply for UK Visa from India. She can be registered as British as soon as either of the parent is granted ILR.

I know some of these questions were discussed earlier, but cannot find concrete answers.
Would appreciate any inputs on the above queries.

Thanks,
Vignesh
Cheers,
OR

vigneswar
Newly Registered

Post by vigneswar » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks mate.. Appreciate your time answering those queries.

Cheers,
Vignesh

vigneswar
Newly Registered

Post by vigneswar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:10 am

Hi OR,

Are you sure about the reset to 0 scenario, if extension is done from India ?

Cheers,
Vignesh

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Applying for a visa from outside the UK is applying for Entry Clearance, you can only "extend" your visa if you are already in the uk.

See,
https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

For dependents applying from within the uk, it says you can "extend" or switch into this category.

For dependents applying from outside the uk, it only says you have to apply online.
Cheers,
OR

vigneswar
Newly Registered

Post by vigneswar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:02 pm

True, but a couple of friends say they have got their visas for 2nd time late last year from India.. And then got their ILRs this year..

Does it reset the counter to 0 is the question ?
Cannot find this anywhere.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:34 pm

If my friends told me this from their own personal experience, I would trust them.
Cheers,
OR