ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Appeal for Husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSS

Help with Appeal for Husband

Post by MSS » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:02 pm

My husband was recently refused entry due to lack of wage slips proving my employment. As well as this he was told that under Article 8 of the human rights act 1998, he could find no reason for me to go and "enjoy family life" in the country where my husband lives.

On what grounds would he appeal to this?
There are 6 points and they seem unclear - I would think that i would just provide wage slips and proof that i pay taxes and that i have enough money in my bank to support him without recourse to public funds. How would we go about doing this?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Help with Appeal for Husband

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:01 pm

MSS wrote:My husband was recently refused entry due to lack of wage slips proving my employment. As well as this he was told that under Article 8 of the human rights act 1998, he could find no reason for me to go and "enjoy family life" in the country where my husband lives.

On what grounds would he appeal to this?
There are 6 points and they seem unclear - I would think that i would just provide wage slips and proof that i pay taxes and that i have enough money in my bank to support him without recourse to public funds. How would we go about doing this?

Thanks
What evidence did you provide? And can u list the six points u mention?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 pm

MSS, can you provide us more details. What exactly does it says in that refusal letter? where did you apply?

MSS

Post by MSS » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:19 pm

the appeal can only be made in grounds of one or more of the following points:

1. That the decision os not in accorance with the immigration rules
2. That the decision is unlawful because it racially discriminates you
3. That the decision is unlawful because it is incompatible with your rights under the european convention on human rights
4. That the decision breaches rights you have as an EEA national or member of such a person's family under community treaties relating to enry or to residence in the United Kingdom
5. That the decision is otherwise not in accordance with the law
6. That the discretion under the Immigration rules should have been exercised differently

I dont know on what grounds i would appeal, as the main point they keep making in the refusal letter is that there is no evidence of employment - all i need to do is supply them with wage slips and evidence that i pay tax

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:24 pm

MSS wrote:the appeal can only be made in grounds of one or more of the following points:

1. That the decision os not in accorance with the immigration rules
2. That the decision is unlawful because it racially discriminates you
3. That the decision is unlawful because it is incompatible with your rights under the european convention on human rights
4. That the decision breaches rights you have as an EEA national or member of such a person's family under community treaties relating to enry or to residence in the United Kingdom
5. That the decision is otherwise not in accordance with the law
6. That the discretion under the Immigration rules should have been exercised differently

I dont know on what grounds i would appeal, as the main point they keep making in the refusal letter is that there is no evidence of employment - all i need to do is supply them with wage slips and evidence that i pay tax
Oh, I misunderstood re: the six points. It's a waste of time appealling, takes ages, better to reapply this time with payslips as well as all the other required documentation.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....