ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

illegitimate child of a family member of EEA National

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kimesssh
Newly Registered

illegitimate child of a family member of EEA National

Post by kimesssh » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi,

I had a child in the UK with a family member of an EU National, however since the birth he has since divorced his EU wife and recently got his Permanent resident card.

I don't know what to apply for my son - please help me, there is nothing straight forward as my son was born before the dad had the permanent residency

Obie
Ireland

Re: illegitimate child of a family member of EEA National

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:17 pm

I thought you applied for British Citizenship in 2012.

Or was that another child.

Your child will need to be registered if she was born after PR was obtained by her dad.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:36 pm

kimesssh wrote:Hi,

I had a child in the UK with a family member of an EU National, however since the birth he has since divorced his EU wife and recently got his Permanent resident card.

I don't know what to apply for my son - please help me, there is nothing straight forward as my son was born before the dad had the permanent residency
Please don't ever use that word illegitimate , no child is illegitimate , that is against the fundamental right of human dignity .
NON EU national with RC

kimesssh
Newly Registered

Post by kimesssh » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 am

kimesssh wrote:Hi,

Tony maybe we should tell that to the Home Office - and it is said that for explanatory purposes.
Obie wrote:I thought you applied for British Citizenship in 2012.

Or was that another child.

Your child will need to be registered if she was born after PR was obtained by her dad.
Obie its for another child - the British citizenship application for my daughter went so complicated its drains me to explain ...the conclusion is they asked for lots of documents from her dad - he could produce just a few as that relationship broke down i was left with having to apply for confirmation of British citizenship.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:31 am

You still don't get the gist , no child is illegitimate no matter the circumstances . You have a child outside wedlock , is different from the child is illegitimate. Illegitimate means the child is not recognized by law which is not correct in your case , you need to prove your case with the home office pls don't tar your child with illegitimacy , that was the purpose of the Second World War , free man from these sort of things .
NON EU national with RC

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 am

Read this forum properly I have read about this case before and the baby legitimate child was given a residence permit like his mother who is a non eea and the eu was not the father of the child,because in law the whether the non eu wants to have 10 different children from 10 different men is not the business of the home office , but I understand that it may impart on whether the relationship with the eu is genuine but if an investigation prove it is genuine then so be it.
NON EU national with RC

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:51 am

toni34 wrote:You still don't get the gist , no child is illegitimate no matter the circumstances . You have a child outside wedlock , is different from the child is illegitimate. Illegitimate means the child is not recognized by law which is not correct in your case , you need to prove your case with the home office pls don't tar your child with illegitimacy , that was the purpose of the Second World War , free man from these sort of things .
Suggest you contact the OED then;
Illegitimate: ADJ: (Of a child) born of parents not lawfully married to each other.
Doubt they'll change it though.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....