ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Denmark with Schengen issued from Netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanbhaumik
Newly Registered

Travelling to Denmark with Schengen issued from Netherlands

Post by sanbhaumik » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:39 pm

Hello,
I reside in the UK. I had visited Amsterdam for 3 days back in May. That is when I applied for the Schengen visa in the Netherlands Embassy. My visa is valid till 28th August and I want to visit Copenhagen this month. This time I will be staying at the friend's place. Do I need to produce any document to the airport officials in Immigration as an evidence of the stay at my friend's place in Copenhagen?
Thanks.

nomadgirl
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling to Denmark with Schengen issued from Netherla

Post by nomadgirl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Hello,

I have a similar question. I have got 1 year schengen from Netherlands. I have shown hostel booking for purpose of visa, however I have a friend in Amsterdam with whom I will be staying for the duration of my visit. Can i cancel my hostel booking ? Will i be questioned by any border control officials ? I am guessing they will check my papers at the most and i can surely produce my printouts i submitted for visa itself. Has anyone gone through a similar expereince ? is it safe decision for me to cancel hostel booking and stay with my friend in Amsterdam (and save accomodation cost :) ) ?

Donutz

Post by Donutz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:15 pm

I don't know about Denmark, but for the Netherlands you would need a signed paper by the private host (legalized by the local townhall) to confirm you will stay there. If you booked a hostel I'd keep the printed confirmation of the booking on you, but you should be alright by cancelling it (chances of them asking the booking papers aren't that big, chances of them calling the hostel even more rare and who says you won't chose an other place to spent the nights while you walk around Amsterdam?) . Then just crash at your friends place. If you have got sufficient funds to show to the border guard, so they know this trip is affordable, and your travel plan looks genuine, there should be nothing to worry about. Enjoy your holiday!

nomadgirl
Newly Registered

Post by nomadgirl » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Thank you so much for the reassurance.
I shall take a chance and cancel my hostel and just keep the previous booking printouts with me (just in case)