ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant English test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Dependant English test

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi All,

I am due for my ILR next year in March. I need to book English test for my wife.

Can you please confirm if 'Trinity College London B1 - GESE Grade 5' exam is valid to prove knowledge of English.

Many thanks for advance.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Dependant English test

Post by Tier1G09 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:48 am

Any help guys!

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:13 am

This is the snapshot of certificate that my wife got. This is acceptable for ILR and confirmed by Trinity College. If this helps.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (34 KiB) Viewed 429 times
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you so much for your response. I will explore this option.

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Don't forget your wife will also need a pass in the Life in the UK test.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:46 pm

I thought I would mention this here (a bit off topic but worth noting). Trinity college guys are not accurate in giving info about the exam.

In the exam I mentioned above, you have to prepare a topic of your own choice but be careful in selecting the topic. They wont accept any topic on an event which happened in the last 6 months. For example, if you went to a concert a day before and next day you wrote about the concert and brought it for exam, they wont like this. Or any event that has happened recently for example TV awards etc.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Thanks guys I will look into this.