ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahabrar
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahabrar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:02 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
shahabrar wrote:Hi Guys And Gurus
Some of kind member replied on this issue before I am still confused I will highly appreciate if you please guide me on this point by point because I need to apply just waiting for these replies can not afford solicitor fee at this moment will highly highly appreciate your replies please ASAP as soon as get the replies will apply and please guide me which form I need to use or I should go to some solicitors but bit worried about fees
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Can my dependents apply with me?
If no will I have to apply their visa after my ILR?
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance
Hi Shahabrar,
If your wife and son have a valid leave to remain/ visa to stay than they don't need to apply for the extension of their visa yet, as you mentioned that they have another 6 months and than they will qualify for their own 10 years long residency ILR. Mind it they can apply 28 days earlier than completion of their 10 years, if it helps in your case.
As you mention that you are ready to apply so considering the present time line of 17-20 weeks by the time you get a positive reply to your application, it will be almost time for your wife and son to apply for their SET(LR)
Regards to your daughter that is born here, you can apply for her registration as a British National on form MN1, but that will be after either you or your Mrs ( any one of you) gets your ILR.
I hope it helps. All the best with your and your family applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi ShahJee
Thanks a lot for your help and information one more question please I am using SET (LR) form and One negative factor I have I have CCJ 17/06/2009 against me and I have not paid yet and I got two time 3 points as well through camera not from court.I have read the forum very worried what should I do sir I should disclose all that or not if I will it will create a negative impact or not
Shahjee please let me know waiting want to send the docs ASAP. Will highly appreciate your prompt and positive reply
Best and kind Regads
Shah Abrar

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:57 pm

ijaz.khanz wrote:My wife recieved her ILR today (thanks to Almighty ALLAH) her time line is as follow
Application Sent: 01/05/2014
Application Received: 05/05/2014
Payment Taken: 12/05/2014
Acknowledgement Received: 17/05/2014
Bio Letter Dated:28/05/2014
Bio Enrolment:02/06/2014
Approval Date:03/09/2014
Docs Received:04/09/2014
BRP Received:waiting

good luck all those waiting.
Congratulation ijaz....pray for me man... :D

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Hiya,
whats the best way to expedite ones application through MP, is it after we sent the application to Home office or Before

many thanks

modern_newton wrote:This long waiting time is very annoying. I waited two years before vary my application in mid march and now LR application is also taking more than 4 months..

Guys will sending MP covering letter will be any useful to speed up the outcome of application? One year they took to decide the tier 1 entreprenuer app which was refused and then won appeal after one year and then vary application taking more than 5 months.

liokvada
Newly Registered

Post by liokvada » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Dear All

I need some help.

I entered UK on Sep 2004. It has been 10 years that I have been here. However in one incident my visa application got rejected and I re-applied via my university visa consultancy department. The problem is that they applied 30 days after I received my refusal letter. can anyone help me to find out what to do to be able to apply for ILR???

Thanks

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 pm

ILR10YEARBASIS wrote:Hiya,
whats the best way to expedite ones application through MP, is it after we sent the application to Home office or Before

many thanks

modern_newton wrote:This long waiting time is very annoying. I waited two years before vary my application in mid march and now LR application is also taking more than 4 months..

Guys will sending MP covering letter will be any useful to speed up the outcome of application? One year they took to decide the tier 1 entreprenuer app which was refused and then won appeal after one year and then vary application taking more than 5 months.
Dear modern Newton,

I have been also waiting for nearly 4 months and 2 weeks and you are right that it does get to you sometimes but chin up, we have waited for so long, let's have bit more patience and I'm sure good news is just around the corner.

Kind regards

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Dear saj2014, MZali, dee85

If you can kindly update us with your progress? Have you had any correspondence from HO?

Many thanks

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Malibu.B wrote:
ijaz.khanz wrote:My wife recieved her ILR today (thanks to Almighty ALLAH) her time line is as follow
Application Sent: 01/05/2014
Application Received: 05/05/2014
Payment Taken: 12/05/2014
Acknowledgement Received: 17/05/2014
Bio Letter Dated:28/05/2014
Bio Enrolment:02/06/2014
Approval Date:03/09/2014
Docs Received:04/09/2014
BRP Received:waiting

good luck all those waiting.

Hello ijaz.khanz,
congratulations on your wife's successful ILR. Could you please share your wife's visa history and what category of ILR she applied on?

Congratulations Ijaz.khans! Enjoy your moment!

amason

Post by amason » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 am

Just an observation. I see people are adding non set lr application time line on Google. I suggest in other to have a clear picture of the application process they should start a new page for their respective categories. If not checked members may be given wrong advice since each application is different.

Kind regards

dream40

Post by dream40 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:04 am

Dear shajee can you please text me your mobile number to me on 07828831270 I need your help pl you always help and advice me as well

shahabrar
Newly Registered

Post by shahabrar » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:58 am

Shahjee Please help me this I can only Thank Allah will give you JAza for that
Waiting for your reply holding my application will post when you will give me guidance on it will highly appreciate this
Regards
shahabrar wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
shahabrar wrote:Hi Guys And Gurus
Some of kind member replied on this issue before I am still confused I will highly appreciate if you please guide me on this point by point because I need to apply just waiting for these replies can not afford solicitor fee at this moment will highly highly appreciate your replies please ASAP as soon as get the replies will apply and please guide me which form I need to use or I should go to some solicitors but bit worried about fees
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Can my dependents apply with me?
If no will I have to apply their visa after my ILR?
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance
Hi Shahabrar,
If your wife and son have a valid leave to remain/ visa to stay than they don't need to apply for the extension of their visa yet, as you mentioned that they have another 6 months and than they will qualify for their own 10 years long residency ILR. Mind it they can apply 28 days earlier than completion of their 10 years, if it helps in your case.
As you mention that you are ready to apply so considering the present time line of 17-20 weeks by the time you get a positive reply to your application, it will be almost time for your wife and son to apply for their SET(LR)
Regards to your daughter that is born here, you can apply for her registration as a British National on form MN1, but that will be after either you or your Mrs ( any one of you) gets your ILR.
I hope it helps. All the best with your and your family applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi ShahJee
Thanks a lot for your help and information one more question please I am using SET (LR) form and One negative factor I have I have CCJ 17/06/2009 against me and I have not paid yet and I got two time 3 points as well through camera not from court.I have read the forum very worried what should I do sir I should disclose all that or not if I will it will create a negative impact or not
Shahjee please let me know waiting want to send the docs ASAP. Will highly appreciate your prompt and positive reply
Best and kind Regads
Shah Abrar

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for my SET (LR) next week just got final checks and questions before I apply. I came to UK on 5th OCT 2004 am I OK to post my documents on 9th Sept? Also do I have to add anything else apart from below,

Set (LR) form 07/2014 version
2 Photographs with Full name written on back
Passports covering my 10 years
Current BRP
Pass life in the UK cert
Masters Degree from UK Uni.

Just brief history for me came to UK on 5th OCT 2004 on student visa, got PSW in Aug 2009 and then Initially got my TIER1 GENERAL in Feb 2011 applied for extension in 2013 expiring in Feb 2016

Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:54 pm

shahabrar wrote: Hi ShahJee
Best and kind Regads
Shah Abrar
Hi Shah Abrar,
Firstly I am really sorry to be replying late, just saw your post.
Regards to CCJ, frankly my opinion is better to declare that, as what if they know once you have applied. The rule is that you should have paid it at least, but as you said that you haven't so it is a point of concern, but on a positive note, I have certainly never heard any body getting rejected for the reason of a CCJ on their file. So I would suggest to declare it.Please try to pay it off if you can, just in case......you know what I mean.
Regards to the points on the licence, lots of members got them and they declared it. I don't think there is any issue with that as the matter was never taken to the courts, so declare it no issues with that.
many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:01 pm

ilruk84 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for my SET (LR) next week just got final checks and questions before I apply. I came to UK on 5th OCT 2004 am I OK to post my documents on 9th Sept? Also do I have to add anything else apart from below,

Current BRP
Pass life in the UK cert

Just brief history for me came to UK on 5th OCT 2004 on student visa, got PSW in Aug 2009 and then Initially got my TIER1 GENERAL in Feb 2011 applied for extension in 2013 expiring in Feb 2016

Thanks
Hi ilruk84,
Every thing is in order, looking good. My prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Malibu.B
Newly Registered

Post by Malibu.B » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi all, update on when acknowledgement is received.. Please guys help me to update my timeline on google drive. Many thanks

Application Sent: 28/08/2014
Application Received: 29/08/2014
Payment Taken: 01/09/2014
Acknowledgement Letter Dated: 01/09/2014
Acknowledgement Received: 05/09/2014
Bio Letter Dated:
Bio Enrolment:
Approval Date:
Docs Received:
BRP Received:

Malibu.B
Newly Registered

Post by Malibu.B » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Current BRP
Pass life in the UK cert

Thanks
Hi ilruk84,
All your documents are in order. All good to go on the 9th of September. I wish you good luck.

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks for your reply Shahjee and Malibu.B

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Timeline for Set LR application:

Application Sent: 28/08/2014
Application Received: 29/08/2014
Payment Taken: 01/09/2014
Acknowledgement Received: 05/09/2014 (Dated 01/09/2014)

Slightly complicated case as I have one passport stolen. Finger Crossed

liokvada
Newly Registered

Post by liokvada » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Dear All

I need some help.

I entered UK on Sep 2004. It has been 10 years that I have been here. However in one incident my visa application got rejected and I re-applied via my university visa consultancy department. The problem is that they applied 30 days after I received my refusal letter. can anyone help me to find out what to do to be able to apply for ILR???

Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Current BRP
Pass life in the UK cert

Hello,
You are OK to apply on or after 9th Sept. Your case is pretty much similar to mine. I came to the UK on 7th Oct 2004 and going to apply on 10th Sept.
Also list of docs you have mentioned are exactly what are needed for this application. Also include pre-paid envelope for the smooth returning of your documents and for tracking purpose as well.
Good luck
Regards,
Arsal
Thanks

Siko

Post by Siko » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:06 am

Hi members
I vary my application from student to set LR I give my finger prints for set LR now I haven't hard anything from my student application
Plz give me suggestion what shal I do or leave it to home office they will sort out
Kind regards
Siko

Feefa
Newly Registered

Post by Feefa » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:00 am

hi guys
Please if anyone can help me clearify this i came to the uk 2003 and have been here legally since then but i left the country 2009 for 6months 8days. I left legally and come back on a different visa Do u think i stand a chance, have asked few lawyers and get mixed review.
2. and i have never stayed in my country of citizenship as i grew up in the states with my parents and move to diferrent places can i apply based on private life, i came to the uk when i was 18
Thanks

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Post by ukvisaengland » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:25 am

Hi Guys
This question for those who received docs back from ukba once ILR APPROVED.

how did you guys get docs back . was it second class recorded or normal second class not signed delivery?

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:53 am

HELLO ALL PLEASE HELP,
I HAVE RECEIVED MY SAR AND AT ONE OCCASION IT ONLY SAY INVALID APPLICATION BECAUSE OF WRONG VERSION OF TIER 4.
DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS.
TIER 4 WAS EXPIRING ON 30 SEPTEMBER 2008
EXTENSION APPLIED ON 17 SEPTEMBER 2008
PAYMENT CLEARED ON 24 SEPTEMBER 2008
IT WAS DECLARED INVALID ON SAR(MINUTES SHEET ON 25 SEPTEMBER
I RECEIVED ENTIRE RETURN APPLICATION ON 08 OCTOBER 2008
I APPLIED AGAIN ON NEW FORM ON 13 OCTOBER 2008 AND THIS IS THE SAME DATE ON SAR REPORT AS RAISE DATE
TIER 4 VISA GRANTED AS ON 01 JANUARY 2009
MY WORRYING:
I AM ABOUT TO APPLY FOR ILR UNDER 10 YEARS CATAGORY AND ALL OTHER REQUIREMENTS ARE ALRIGHT BUT I AM NOT SURE DO I STILL QUALIFY OR DO I COME IN OVERSTAYER CATAGORY AS I APPLIED IN TIME AND RE APPLIED WITH IN 28 DAYS.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLY

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:09 pm

I applied for Set LR and my mrs Flr FP same day. But today my mrs received Biometrics invitation and I have not, even I had told them to process her application after mine.

what you guys think is it normal?

We applied on 22 August.

Thanks
N/A

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Tier 4 wrote:I applied for Set LR and my mrs Flr FP same day. But today my mrs received Biometrics invitation and I have not, even I had told them to process her application after mine.

what you guys think is it normal?

We applied on 22 August.

Thanks
Hi Tier 4,
Yes that is pretty normal, mind it both the applications are dealt by different teams, hence different time lines. Once it reaches to the case worker stage than they will hold further progress on her application, until your one is decided. So no need to worry.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee