ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent/partner visa application from India– my experience

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent/partner visa application from India– my experi

Post by manci » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 pm

rsdedays wrote:
It would be the most simple thing to send them the documents now but apparently that is not possible and the documents can only be sent if they ask for it!
plse explain

rsdedays
Newly Registered

Post by rsdedays » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi manci,

I called UKVI (twice) and asked them if there was an address to which I could send the bank statements in the correct format. They told me that this was not possible and we would have to wait for the ECO to ask us for the document and only then will the address to which the document must be sent be revealed!

Patel

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:30 pm

If I were you I would just send the documents FAO the Chief Entry Clearance Officer at the appropriate centre:
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... a-in-march

Note that any immigration application can be varied before the decision is made

rsdedays
Newly Registered

Post by rsdedays » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks manci. I think I will ask my wife to simply land up at the VFS center in Chennai and submit the docs.

rsdedays
Newly Registered

Post by rsdedays » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi Manci,

Should I send the documents to

(1) VFS Chennai; or
(2) The British Deputy High Commission in Chennai; or
(3) The British High Commission in Delhi

I think the visa is being processed by the Deputy High Commission in Chennai so that looks like the most logical place. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you so much for your help thus far.

Patel

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 pm

probably (2), FAO Chief Entry Clearance Officer
20, Anderson Road, Thousand Lights West, Gandhi Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006

or the visa application centre:
Fagun Towers Commander In Chief Road (Ethiraj Salai), Egmore, Chennai- 600008

rsdedays
Newly Registered

Post by rsdedays » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Many thanks Manci. Will let you know the outcome. Fingers crossed.

rv
Newly Registered

Post by rv » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 pm

hi,

can you please tell me what proof of employment you submitted? if it is letter from employer, do you have any format to share?

Regards

rv

rsdedays
Newly Registered

Post by rsdedays » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi,

It was my payslips and letter from employer.

"We are pleased to confirm that the above named has been employed by x since x. At present he holds the permanent position of x in the x Department and receives an annual salary of x."

Hope that helps.

Patel

rv
Newly Registered

Post by rv » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:57 pm

rsdedays
Newly Registered

Post by rsdedays » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi,

My wife got a message today that there passport has been returned to VFS and is ready for collection tomorrow. It has been returned in 10 working days. This means they most definitely would not have been able to take the original bank statements into account as they reached the BDHC only today. Does this mean that it has been rejected? I would have expected them to at least contact us for the correct statements. Oh well, we'll have to reapply I suppose.

Patel

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:22 pm

rsdedays wrote:Hi,

My wife got a message today that there passport has been returned to VFS and is ready for collection tomorrow. It has been returned in 10 working days. This means they most definitely would not have been able to take the original bank statements into account as they reached the BDHC only today. Does this mean that it has been rejected?
wait to see what is in the letter that she will no doubt get when she collects her passport.
I would have expected them to at least contact us for the correct statements. Oh well, we'll have to reapply I suppose.

Patel

vnaveen89
Newly Registered

Post by vnaveen89 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this information.

I am also applying the similar visa.

I have few doubts in filling the form. I hope you can advice me on this,

1. Are you a national of the country in which you are applying? (I am a Indian so answer is "YES"?)
2. What permission do they have to stay in the UK? (Main Applicant got Tire 2 General Sponsorship Visa) - What will be the answer for this question please?
3. Issuing Authority (For Indian passport the answer is : REPUBLIC OF INDIA)?
4. Do we need passport size photo?

Thanks

D_Torque
Mood:
India

Post by D_Torque » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:40 am

Hey man,

Thanks loads for the details. I will soon be going through the same process next year.

I am doing a love marriage and parents are completely furious and thus, can't really leave my wife behind after marriage.
So, I have been thinking of alternatives like do arya samaj marriage this november and get her the visa well before marriage. Do you know anything about that route ?

1) In your case, did you go throught the normal channel or paid extra for expidited service ?
Was getting the marriage certificate easy ?
2) You missed to mention which center did you apply the visa at ?
3) Do I have to mention my CoS number as well ? Will it be the existeing CoS number I have?

Thank you again for the detailed post. I am a bit releived now that if nothing works out there is a chance I could get her visa in 3 days (which would be epic by the way) :D

Regards
Alok

Ask Azo
Newly Registered

Post by Ask Azo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:14 pm

How important is the tenancy agreement for the dependent visa application

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Ask Azo wrote:How important is the tenancy agreement for the dependent visa application
not needed

SPOUSEVISADEP
Newly Registered

Post by SPOUSEVISADEP » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:48 am

Hi,

I have just applied for dependent Visa..My spouse is in UK. I have submitted all docs required for dependents but my spouse didn't has previous month salary slip for Uk as it was not generated by the system.We have submitted salary slips for previous months . How long does my visa processing will take...Is there any link by which I can track my VISA status..It's been 1 week and I haven't got any intimation from UK4VISA center..Please help..

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi SPOUSEVISADEP,

As far as I know, there is no link to check the status of your application except for the onlne visa4uk website - I dont think even the website displays the status of the application. you just have to wait for notification from the visa centre.

Latest payslip should not be problem if it was generated too close to visa submission date.

Different cases take different times for visa processing. I would advise to be patient - hopefully you will hear from them soon.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:53 pm

D_Torque wrote:Hey man,

Thanks loads for the details. I will soon be going through the same process next year.

I am doing a love marriage and parents are completely furious and thus, can't really leave my wife behind after marriage.
So, I have been thinking of alternatives like do arya samaj marriage this november and get her the visa well before marriage. Do you know anything about that route ?

sorry, I am not aware - visa authorities do make sure that you have all required documents - marriage certificate being most important

1) In your case, did you go throught the normal channel or paid extra for expidited service ?
Was getting the marriage certificate easy ?
I think it was normal service. I am not sure if an expedited service exists. I remember that there was only one type of service available online.
Marriage certificate: It depends - generally takes 2/3 days but mine took bit longer than usual cos local courts were on strike!

2) You missed to mention which center did you apply the visa at ?
VFS Jalandhar
3) Do I have to mention my CoS number as well ? Will it be the existeing CoS number I have?
Yes, your existing COS number should be sufficient.

Thank you again for the detailed post. I am a bit releived now that if nothing works out there is a chance I could get her visa in 3 days (which would be epic by the way) :D

Regards
Alok

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Unless you think you are very smart.....

Don't submit things which are not required. Just submit what is required. For dependents, i would just submit proofs for Fund Maintenance and that is it.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

richbh
Newly Registered

Post by richbh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi guys,

I'm planning to apply for a tier 1 PBS dependent visa later this year. Could someone help understand if it allows me to have regular work rights, ability to have a bank account, etc in the UK?

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Richa

Ask Azo
Newly Registered

Post by Ask Azo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Is ielts test important for dependent application
Dammm this is so confusing

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 am

Ask Azo wrote:Is ielts test important for dependent application
Dammm this is so confusing

No, if the education has been in English then its not required - same was the case of my spouse; IELTS was not submitted/asked for.

naveen890
Newly Registered

Post by naveen890 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Guys

I am currently holding a long term ICT visa expiring in 2017 and my wife is holding short term ICT visa expiring Oct 2014. We would be going back to India and applying for her Dependent visa from Bangalore.

Could someone help me with the below questins ?
1. My payslips (as for most of the cases) are generated online so will it accepted as a valid proof ? Moreover somehow my Payslips has Indian address (as i didn't update the address in my company's database), so will that be an issue?

2. At the time of application of dependent visa we would not have a valid tenancy agreement. We are leaving london and would be returning back after a month or so (i would be on leave ) and upon return my next assignemnt would be in leeds , so we have let go off our current house..So will that be an issue with my wife's application ?

Need help

Regards
Naveen

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Ywife can apply for PBS dependant leave either from the UK or from home country. Payslips and tenancy agreement are not needed.