ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success- Tier-2 ICT to ILR- Croydon- 3rd September

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arpit.tayal

ILR Success- Tier-2 ICT to ILR- Croydon- 3rd September

Post by arpit.tayal » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Dear all,

Thanks to you all for making this forum so useful! My ILR was approved yesterday.

Background
- SET O form , Tier 2 ICT 5 year route with 2 dependents (wife + son).
- 5 years with same employer since October 2009

One most important tip from my personal experience- ** Keep your application simple. Do not over-complicate your case by thinking too much and providing unnecessary documents. **

I will skip the usual process bit. The process was straightforward and efficient as described by many. You will be assigned a token number at the time of registration and you will be able to track the progress by just checking the screens in cafeteria. Croydon had a good cafeteria and a children area to keep your little ones busy. My son was not very happy giving his biometric photo but the staff was trained enough to distract him and get it done :-)
If you reach CROYDON PEO early, there is a good shopping mall just across the road.
Overall a good experience, no complaints!

Documents submitted:
1 Set (O) Form Filled
2 Printout of PEO Appointment Email
3 Printout of Online Payment sheet
4 Passports
5 Bio-metric Resident Permits
6 2-Photos for each (with Name on the back)
7 Son's Birth Certificate (UK born)
8 Employer Letter for SOC Code,salary details and confirming that I am still required for the job.
9 Employer Letter for Absences from UK(mostly personal holidays outside UK. In total were around 105 days in 5 years)
10 Salary Slips Last One Year (employer signed them as they were online printouts)
11 Bank Statements Last One Year
12 P60's (4) (no sure if required)
13 Life in UK Certificate X 2
14 Original Degree Certificate (Wife)
15 Original Degree Certificate (Myself)
16 Point Based Calculator Printouts showing Points for qualification as well as English for both of us.
17 Co-habitation proofs since last extension 2 years ago (had lots of them in joint names from different sources)
18 Photo copies of the documents.

Happy to help if you have any questions.

**Disclaimer: this is my personal experience and not a substitute for professional advice**

Cheers!!

arpit.tayal

Re: ILR Success- Tier-2 ICT to ILR- Croydon- 3rd September

Post by arpit.tayal » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:31 pm

arpit.tayal wrote:Dear all,

Thanks to you all for making this forum so useful! My ILR was approved yesterday.

Background
- SET O form , Tier 2 ICT 5 year route with 2 dependents (wife + son).
- 5 years with same employer since October 2009

One most important tip from my personal experience- ** Keep your application simple. Do not over-complicate your case by thinking too much and providing unnecessary documents. **

I will skip the usual process bit. The process was straightforward and efficient as described by many. You will be assigned a token number at the time of registration and you will be able to track the progress by just checking the screens in cafeteria. Croydon had a good cafeteria and a children area to keep your little ones busy. My son was not very happy giving his biometric photo but the staff was trained enough to distract him and get it done :-)
If you reach CROYDON PEO early, there is a good shopping mall just across the road.
Overall a good experience, no complaints!

Documents submitted:
1 Set (O) Form Filled
2 Printout of PEO Appointment Email
3 Printout of Online Payment sheet
4 Passports
5 Bio-metric Resident Permits
6 2-Photos for each (with Name on the back)
7 Son's Birth Certificate (UK born)
8 Employer Letter for SOC Code,salary details and confirming that I am still required for the job.
9 Employer Letter for Absences from UK(mostly personal holidays outside UK. In total were around 105 days in 5 years)
10 Salary Slips Last One Year (employer signed them as they were online printouts)
11 Bank Statements Last One Year
12 P60's (4) (no sure if required)
13 Life in UK Certificate X 2
14 Original Degree Certificate (Wife)
15 Original Degree Certificate (Myself)
16 Point Based Calculator Printouts showing Points for qualification as well as English for both of us.
17 Co-habitation proofs since last extension 2 years ago (had lots of them in joint names from different sources)
18 Photo copies of the documents.

Happy to help if you have any questions.

**Disclaimer: this is my personal experience and not a substitute for professional advice**

Cheers!!

Received our BRP's today, wow that was fast 48 hours!

Cheers!

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Congrats on getting your ILR...

Can you please tell what documents you provided for cohabitation proof.

yasirmhm
Newly Registered

Post by yasirmhm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:32 am

Many thanks for sharing this useful experience. I am going to apply for ILR after 5 years of work permit.

I just have one question. You mentioned that your son is UK born. One friend told me that if you have child born in the UK, you can choose to not apply for ILR for him/her. Once you get your ILR, they can apply to register as a British citizen straight away by filling form (?M1)?

This will save about £400 (as ILR for dependent is £1093 while that for registering British Citizenship is around £600).

Is this information correct?

Many thanks again and all the best wishes,

arpit.tayal

Post by arpit.tayal » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:35 am

SKJMR wrote:Congrats on getting your ILR...

Can you please tell what documents you provided for cohabitation proof.
Hello SKJMR,

I provided following on joint names:
1. council tax bills
2. electric+gas bills
3. water bill

Other than above some letters on individual names from:
1. Bank
2. NHS
3. HMRC

Your letters should be spread over the period since last extension and must be from few different sources. Ideally a letter on joint name every 3-4 month period should be fine.

All the best!

arpit.tayal

Post by arpit.tayal » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 am

yasirmhm wrote:Many thanks for sharing this useful experience. I am going to apply for ILR after 5 years of work permit.

I just have one question. You mentioned that your son is UK born. One friend told me that if you have child born in the UK, you can choose to not apply for ILR for him/her. Once you get your ILR, they can apply to register as a British citizen straight away by filling form (?M1)?

This will save about £400 (as ILR for dependent is £1093 while that for registering British Citizenship is around £600).

Is this information correct?

Many thanks again and all the best wishes,
Hello yasirmhm,

I gathered same information from this forum as your friend advised you but I am not sure if I will apply for citizenship thus wanted my son to have same immigration status as mine.

All the best!

mrinmoygupta
Newly Registered

Post by mrinmoygupta » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi

Thanks for sharing your experience and all the information. Was one year's bank statement required or do you think 3 moths will be sufficient? Asking this question as my bank charges £6 per month's statement.

Thanks

arpit.tayal

Post by arpit.tayal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:42 pm

mrinmoygupta wrote:Hi

Thanks for sharing your experience and all the information. Was one year's bank statement required or do you think 3 moths will be sufficient? Asking this question as my bank charges £6 per month's statement.

Thanks
Hello mrinmoygupta,

I did provide 1 year bank statement, not sure if 3 months will do. It is better to be prepared, you never know what doubt they might come up with.

After your ILR, do not forget to switch your bank :)

All the best!

mrinmoygupta
Newly Registered

Post by mrinmoygupta » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks for your response.