ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa priority application.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

us.student
Newly Registered

Fiance visa priority application.

Post by us.student » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello-

I wish to submit a fiance visa application around October the 20th. I am aware that criminal history can affect priority applications. In my case, I have a couple of charges (not actual convictions) from 2004 and 1999. The maximum punishment for the charge in 2004 would have been a $500 fine, the maximum punishment for the charge in 1999 would have been $2500 and/or 180 days in jail. (So both of these would be considered spent anyway.)

Given this information, what sort of turnaround time might I expect with my priority application?

Thank you.

SoHopeful

Re: Fiance visa priority application.

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:07 pm

What country are you applying from?
It may not be worth paying for priority if further checks are required.

us.student
Newly Registered

Post by us.student » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:24 pm

I'm applying from the United States. I don't have any prior problems with obtaining visas, being deported, etc.

Thank you.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:00 pm

As long as you state those offences and you're not trying to conceil anything, the worst that will happen is for the application to be delayed a bit.
Those charges are about 5 years ago,I don't really think that should affect your application even if you apply for priority, it doesn't mean check won't be conducted even if it's priority anyway.
Just apply and wait for the outcome.
Time? I don't think anyone can be so sure of time on this forum with how ineffective this people have been recently.

us.student
Newly Registered

Post by us.student » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm in a situation where I need to have a decision in about 8 weeks from the date I submit. Likely?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:07 pm

To be honest with you,there's no situation that can dictate to this people. It's better you plan for something else rather than relying on them. But if you want to risk it,you can give it a try.