ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In UK but Umemployed (HSMP holder only)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roza

In UK but Umemployed (HSMP holder only)

Post by roza » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:44 am

Dear All,
Please post here if you are in UK and unemployed.
Kindly also mentioned how long you been in UK without job.
Kind Regards

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:07 am

Hi roza,
My friend came here about 2 months ago, was unemployed for 1 month. Didnt get any local jobs in factories, catering anywhere.
Now doing a job in corner shop for very small amount of money. No vacancies exist for his job profile as well.
So dont panic if you are not getting a job anywhere.

roza

Post by roza » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:32 am

Noted.
But the thing is that once HSMP holder get minor job or other then his/er own specialized role how can he/she qualify FLR after 2 years.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:37 am

Hi roza,
If i am not mistaken and f you read the rules for flr hsmp, then there is age points, earning and qualification.There are no points for work.
You do get 5 points for working in UK but that can be any work.
Govt just needs money now, whether you get it by hook or crook they dont mind, very silly idea by HO

roza

Post by roza » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:48 am

herts
I think most of (HSMP holders) held very good jobs before moving to UK,they were well paid in his country.
Think before move?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:29 pm

roza wrote:herts
I think most of (HSMP holders) held very good jobs before moving to UK,they were well paid in his country.
Think before move?
No they don't. It is very hard to get a job before you get here since they employer wants to meet you first.
Just stick it out and keep your chin up

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:42 pm

SYH wrote:
roza wrote:herts
Think before move?
No they don't. It is very hard to get a job before you get here since they employer wants to meet you first.
Just stick it out and keep your chin up
I think what roza was saying is that all hsmp holders held good jobs in there home countries before moving to the Uk

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:07 pm

hmm,
I personally think now that if you have a good job, nice pay then dont bother coming to UK. Earning abt £15k in India is good i suppose, can save £10k there. Similar amount or more can be saved here as well if you earn about £25k or so. But you have your family, friends back home, its never the same here.

roza

Post by roza » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:54 pm

I would like share my experience that I spent more then 60 days in london but didnt get any job neither a interview call.I dont know how ppls get jobs.
I had an offer from indian based company for 6.50 GBP p/h,which was lower then my current salary.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:21 pm

Nowadays it is true that UK govt. are changing its immigration rules regularly and with retrospective effect. So every one who wants to move UK ( to make UK main home ) specially under HSMP should think twice.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Hi Roza,
If you have got a job of 6.50 p/h thats not bad to start with. Atleast you have something to pay off your rent and other expenses.
Now you just have to concentrate on your level of job foe which you have come to uk.
You also said you were getting more than 6.50p/h, where was it? which country mate?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:25 pm

roza

For starting point U shopuyld take any job just tomake living but U need to make sure that U progress to higly skilled Job thereafter and achieve 12 month income criteria before U apply for extension. Otherwise, it is difficult to get extension.

Good luck

roza wrote:Noted.
But the thing is that once HSMP holder get minor job or other then his/er own specialized role how can he/she qualify FLR after 2 years.
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:07 pm

roza wrote:Noted.
You have to be responsible in figuring that out and making the cut.
You look at the application and you determine what you must be paid to meet the requisite points based on you situation, your age and education give a certain amount of points and then you look at what you need for salary. Keep in mind that each year they change the application, and will probably raise the salary level a little bit more so leave a margin of error on the plus side obviously. So if you take a not so good paying job now, then the next job you have to be clear about what the salary level is. This can be used as a negotitaing point with recruiters, if they give a range, then you could say I want the upper range or I really cant take the job and keep my visa, what can you do? Also these recruiters don't do anything for you unless you make them and give them a reason, they want the post filled by you, then make it work for you.