ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for Dependents

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lockman
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds for Dependents

Post by lockman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:25 pm

I got Tier 1 Visa from Pakistan in September 2013, i had only applied for my self and didn't applied for my dependents although i had shown the maintenance funds in my account to cover my dependents. Now its almost a year since i made initial entry and now i want to apply for my dependents.
Please advice how much maintenance funds i have to show for my two dependents application.

Thanks

samaygrg

Re: Maintenance Funds for Dependents

Post by samaygrg » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:12 pm

PBS dependent guidance says;

45.  If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom
for less than 12 months, you must show that you, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) your other
parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom have at least £1890 to support you; this
is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove they have enough money to support
themselves.

46.  If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have
£630 to support yourself.

47.  For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an applicatio
at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £1890 for
their spouse and a further £1890 for each child, in addition to £945 required for their own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £6615 in available funds (£1890 x 3 =
£5670+£945).

48.   If the same Tier 1 Migrant and their family had been present in the UK for two years, they
would require evidence that they held £2835 (£630 x 3 = £1890 + £945) in available funds.

Source: PBS Dep Guidance, 2014

taurus_na

Post by taurus_na » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:39 pm

If the main applicant already got his visa
And after that applying for dependents thn only needs
to show dependents maintainance ?

lockman
Newly Registered

Post by lockman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Thank you.
But there is a confusion that i am a T1 Entp Migrant who applied for himself outside UK and now living in UK for more than 12 months i didn't brought my dependents with me and now whether this point 46 and point 48 of the guide applies to my dependents application or they have to maintain the funds as per point 45 of the guide.

And do i have to submit the bank statements showing the investment money as well along with the bank statement of maintenance money?

Thanks

samaygrg wrote:PBS dependent guidance says;

45.  If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom
for less than 12 months, you must show that you, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) your other
parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom have at least £1890 to support you; this
is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove they have enough money to support
themselves.

46.  If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have

47.  For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an applicatio
at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £1890 for
their spouse and a further £1890 for each child, in addition to £945 required for their own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £6615 in available funds (£1890 x 3 =
£5670+£945).

48.   If the same Tier 1 Migrant and their family had been present in the UK for two years, they
would require evidence that they held £2835 (£630 x 3 = £1890 + £945) in available funds.

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:29 pm

lockman wrote:Thank you.
But there is a confusion that i am a T1 Entp Migrant who applied for himself outside UK and now living in UK for more than 12 months i didn't brought my dependents with me and now whether this point 46 and point 48 of the guide applies to my dependents application or they have to maintain the funds as per point 45 of the guide.

And do i have to submit the bank statements showing the investment money as well along with the bank statement of maintenance money?

Thanks

samaygrg wrote:PBS dependent guidance says;

themselves.

£5670+£945).

[/quote
]
All that matters is whether you have been in UK for 12months or more, if so show £630 for each dependent. You investment funds has no business with dependant application. Follow the dependant policy guidance.

lockman
Newly Registered

Post by lockman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Hope145 wrote: All that matters is whether you have been in UK for 12months or more, if so show £630 for each dependent. You investment funds has no business with dependant application. Follow the dependant policy guidance.

So this applies even if the dependents are outside right?

In my case i am in UK since 12 months but my dependents are outside UK so as per your advice i need to show £600 x 2 = £1200 for dependents and £ 945 for my self.

Thanks for your advice.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Inside UK more than 12 months @ £630 /dependant and if outside UK (or less than a year) @£1890/dependant ; plus main applicant's support fund £945.
Last edited by samaygrg on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:36 pm

As per the guidance, you need maintenance as;

for your 2 dependents [who are outside UK) and to support yourself = [£1890 x 2 dependants + £945] = £4725 for 90 consecutive days.

Please follow the point 47 of the PBS guidance.

lockman
Newly Registered

Post by lockman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:03 am

I got it now.

Thank you
samaygrg wrote:As per the guidance, you need maintenance as;

for your 2 dependents [who are outside UK) and to support yourself = [£1890 x 2 dependants + £945] = £4725 for 90 consecutive days.

Please follow the point 47 of the PBS guidance.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm

lockman wrote:

Thanks
I know one case where the Islamabad high commission called the dependent and asked her about the main applicants business activities. Then they also called the Main applicant and asked him to submit the business bank accounts to confirm whether the investment money is still available with him.
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 pm

MTZ510 wrote:
lockman wrote:

Thanks
I know one case where the Islamabad high commission called the dependent and asked her about the main applicants business activities. Then they also called the Main applicant and asked him to submit the business bank accounts to confirm whether the investment money is still available with him.
Things can be different case to case, as, certain things are entirely up to the discretion of caseworker. They can ask anything related which is why best to be ready/prepared. However, it is also not wise to submit extra documents unless stated/asked at first hand.