ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is this an IS151a?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rach-yl
Newly Registered

is this an IS151a?

Post by rach-yl » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:15 pm

My Japanese husband was refused entry to the Uk several months back (he has since had a visitor's visa as my fiance and is currently applying for the spouse visa).

He left the UK in dec 06 and was stopped at Heathrow 3 weeks later (student visa had expired...several months previously). The refusal looks like a black cross cut into the page with the date - is this an IS151a? Or some other kind of refusal?

Also, given that (believe me, we have suffered the consequences of his stupidity and he is very sorry) we have adhered to the letter of the visitor's visa and this time he bloody left when he was told, would anyone like to make me feel better about our chances getting the spousal visa?

Many thanks for any help!

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: is this an IS151a?

Post by sakura » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:58 pm

rach-yl wrote:My Japanese husband was refused entry to the Uk several months back (he has since had a visitor's visa as my fiance and is currently applying for the spouse visa).

He left the UK in dec 06 and was stopped at Heathrow 3 weeks later (student visa had expired...several months previously). The refusal looks like a black cross cut into the page with the date - is this an IS151a? Or some other kind of refusal?

Also, given that (believe me, we have suffered the consequences of his stupidity and he is very sorry) we have adhered to the letter of the visitor's visa and this time he bloody left when he was told, would anyone like to make me feel better about our chances getting the spousal visa?

Many thanks for any help!
There are a million cases out there where one partner overstayed - and they still managed to get the visa! Anyway, don't worry or stress, just make sure you are honest in the application, and make sure you provide sufficient documentation that your relationship is genuine, and that you can sponsor him well enough.

I don't think he got an IS151A. Even so, it doesn't affect his spousal application.

Two questions;
1. this concerns you: sponsors are now no longer able to use 'third-party support' in spousal applications. I'm not 100% sure what exactly that means, but I'm thinking something like you can't ask your parents to financially support you and him (although they can give you accommodation at their place), or friends or other relatives. You, as the sponsor, must prove you can support him/each other. I guess this normally would have adverse affects on people like students, part-time workers or those on benefits, since they generally don't earn enough to support themselves, let alone a spouse.

2. nihongo ga wakarimasu ka? :lol:

rach-yl
Newly Registered

Post by rach-yl » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi Sakura, thanks for your advice. The sponsorship shouldn't be an issue seeing as I'm working full time (don't be fooled, he's just stretching out uni as long as poss!)

and for 2) un, wakarimasu yo...tokoro de, ima nihon ni imasu yo! (maa, mada pera pera ja nai kedo, otto ha eigo ga ryuuchou nanode, lucky!...)

I would like to find what kind of papers he got, though - trying to fill out the visa application before I go home and we stupidly left all the paperwork in London. Don't want to make a mistake!

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:34 pm

rach-yl wrote:Hi Sakura, thanks for your advice. The sponsorship shouldn't be an issue seeing as I'm working full time (don't be fooled, he's just stretching out uni as long as poss!)

and for 2) un, wakarimasu yo...tokoro de, ima nihon ni imasu yo! (maa, mada pera pera ja nai kedo, otto ha eigo ga ryuuchou nanode, lucky!...)

I would like to find what kind of papers he got, though - trying to fill out the visa application before I go home and we stupidly left all the paperwork in London. Don't want to make a mistake!
Wish I could help out more, but it isn't my area of speciality! But this might help: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I'm surprised Japanese nationals overstay! He could have just gone to France for a trip and re-entered (some of my Jp friends did that, I don't think the immigration officials minded!).

I'm learning Japanese, too (don't let my username fool you!).

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Hello,

IS151A is a paper with lots of information on it. He must have also been fingerprinted, photo taken etc to formally be served with IS151A and perhaps IS96x.

The cross means that a non-visa national overstayed and that certain issues may arise while he would be appying for a visa again.

Technically it is a warning for the Embassy/Immigration services that it was an issue with him in the past.

There should not be a problem with his Settlement application in the future, should the application be properly prepared (and may be represented).