ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa refused -- advice for upcoming appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niako22
Newly Registered

student visa refused -- advice for upcoming appeal

Post by niako22 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:21 pm

I have had a Working Holidaymaker's visa(Nov.2004 - Nov.2006). Employment as a Volunteer worker(Jan.2007-Dec.2007).

I want to become a Registered Biomedical Scientist and have been admitted in RG University for 1 year(Sept.2007-Jun.2008) to top-up my BSc degree for Health Profession Council recognition for registration purposes.

I had to go to Cameroon in June 2007 to apply to switch to Student visa. My visa switch application was refused.

Main reasons:
1.I can't proof that the sudden increase of around £5000 in my bank account for the month of May 2007 was from family and friends.
2.I don't have enough money for my stay(tuition+living).
3.I have no family/property in Cameroon so I will not return.

I have launched an appeal and I am currently back in the UK and awaiting the appeal date.

About getting more documents for my appeal:-
Concerning the first reason for refusal; is it enough to get letters written to me by friends&families who said they were to give me money for my studies? Or I need recent letters proofing that they had sent me money. I do not have receipts for the payments I received for obvious reasons that the money came from friends and relatives.

Concerning the second point;-the visa officer after looking at my bank statement and statements of my sponsor, made two errors, (a)she didn't notice that (a)I had already paid the fee deposit(receipt included in application) of £1800 and that (b)there was an ISA investment document of my sponsor of around £5113 in the application. Because of these two errors the visa officer concluded I can't complete my studies without recourse to public funds. So I am sure I can hang on these two errors. But my sponsor's bank statement showed some overdafts. THis was due to problems in getting her payments through. Now that the problem has been rectified, does it help to include a recent sponsor's bank statement showing money in it?

Concerning returning back to Cameroon, I have one job offer and another strong possibility of getting a state job in Cameroon. I have letters to these regards, but is it important that these letters were writtten before or after the visa refusal?

Please take a close look at my case and advice me so that I know what documents I will need to make my appeal stronger.

Many thanks in advance.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: student visa refused -- advice for upcoming appeal

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:40 pm

For appeal U just need to provide evidence to point 1, 2, 3
niako22 wrote: Main reasons:
1.I can't proof that the sudden increase of around £5000 in my bank account for the month of May 2007 was from family and friends.
2.I don't have enough money for my stay(tuition+living).
3.I have no family/property in Cameroon so I will not return.

I.
Pantaiema

niako22
Newly Registered

Post by niako22 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi, thank you for the reply.
But as you would notice in my query, I am trying to get specific answers to my questions, that is why I detailed them so much.
I have a clue on what to present but I also know it is not what to present but how to present it.
Can you please read my questions more closely?
Many thanks for your time and advice.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:45 pm

How much funds did you have at the time of your application ? 5000 GBP is very low, and the appeal could be dismissed

niako22
Newly Registered

Post by niako22 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:12 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:How much funds did you have at the time of your application ? 5,000 GBP is very low, and the appeal could be dismissed
My tuition + subsistnece = 14,000 GBP

My documented funds (private+sponsor's) at the time of the application was around 18,000 GBP but they didn't notice one of my sponsor's documents; an ISA investment of 5,000 GBP.

My bank statement showed around 6,900 GBP but about 5,000 GBP came in the month of May from some friends/relatives. The visa officer held this against me especially as I couldn't show any proof.

I must say as of now I can't get MOST of the receipts of these deposits made in May. I have contacted my friends/relatives and they can't find their receipts. They didnt think I will need it so they discarded it.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:05 am

niako22 wrote:I must say as of now I can't get MOST of the receipts of these deposits made in May. I have contacted my friends/relatives and they can't find their receipts. They didnt think I will need it so they discarded it.
This is not helpful to you now, but I would like other people in a similar situation to see this comment so that it might help them:

If other individuals will lend/donate money for you, do not make cash deposits. Have the money transferred electronically from one bank account to another.

This creates documented proof of who donated the money and the exact date, with a lot of other evidence that can be investigated.

niako -

I don't know if this will work. Hopefully others here can offer advice:

Withdraw the money, then have your relatives deposit to their bank accounts and transfer to yours. I suspect that may fulfill the documentation requirement.

If immigration asks about it, be truthful: the original documentation did not exist anymore, so you had the original people re-deposit the funding in a documentable fashion to comply with immigration requirements.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not certain if this will work. It is only an idea, and other people with more knowledge need to advise you.

the Admin

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:40 pm

I am still sketpical.

The AIT must consider the evidence at the time of the application. That is why is the ECO was not satisfied with the cashflow/deposists the AIT may not accept any documents, that would be presneted at a later stage.

This does not work with student appeal but do work with Family/EEA appeals.

You can send me a copy of the Refusal Letter, is you wish so I could tell you exactly where you stand.

I had problems in the past with the administarion of this forum as I am a profesisonal practitioner and a potential competitor for them, so I would rather not give you my e-mail as I do not want to be kicked out of the forum.

My advice on the forum is free, anyway :-)

Send me a PM with the text of the refusal, I guess ?