ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Child born in UK

Post by Tier1G09 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 general and will be applying for my ILR next year in March 2015.

I recently been blessed with Baby Boy in July 2014. We are not planning to travel outside UK till next year March 2015.

As I read that child born in UK can get his naturalization if one of his parent got ILR.

My question is do I need to apply for his Indian passport and his dependant visa even we are not planning to travel outside UK till we get our ILR next year.

My plan is to apply straight for his naturalization next year when we get our ILR.

Please confirm if above is correct.

Thanks

sunnysomerset

Re: Child born in UK

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Tier1G09,

First, congratulations! Secondly coming to the important part, you are right!

This is exactly what I did. When my daughter was born, I was only days away from qualifying for ILR so I didnt get her a visa. I waited to qualify, got my ILR and then applied for her Citizenship.
BUT, even though my daughter's case was as straightforward as it can get, and I even put it through council run Citizenship checking service, it still took 4.5 months for my daughter's citizenship application to come through - I had a holiday planned which I had to cancel, the citizenship number came through like the last day of that cancelled holiday as if to mock me! :cry:

So you have a choice, you can either put your life on hold or get your son a passport and visa and enjoy a nice holiday at some point - all depends on how much that freedom is worth to you. I guarantee you the Home Office will ruin any plans you have!! :?

Good luck.

Regards.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:35 am

Thank you so much Sunnysomerset for your wishes and confirmation.

My ILR is due in next six months so would it be ok for my child to live in UK without any visa?

Also do I need to apply for his Indian passport or I can apply for his registration without any passport once I get my ILR.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:34 am

Children born in the UK subject to immigration control don't need leave to remain or enter until they have left the UK (I think read Common Travel Area for UK, but I'm not sure).

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:28 am

Tier1G09,

You can absolutely apply after waiting several months, which is what I did. I only applied for my daughter's citizenship after she was like 10 months old. Prior to that she didnt have any passport.

Note: When you fill in their Nationality in any forms they would still be considered Indian, i.e. Parent's nationality, until they get British Passport.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Thank you so much Richard for taking time to answer my question.

Sunnysomerset, thank you so much brother for explaining my query. My case is exactly like you so definitely I will go by your advice. Yes you are right it's a time consuming process. Will definitely look into that as well.

Once again thank you so much guys!

joshua77
Newly Registered

Post by joshua77 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:42 pm

Hello Guys,

I am basically in a similar situation. I am on tier 1 general and my wife is dependent on me. Our baby is due by 1st week of dec 14 and we are applying for ILR in Jan 2015. My question is do I have to declare on the ILR form that I have a child or just say that my wife is the only dependent?

Many Thanks

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:51 pm

You do NOT have to declare anything about your child. You only have to declare people you want to get visas for.

My friend who has two children and is about to qualify for ILR wont declare either of his children on his SET(o) and will directly apply for their Citizenship, which should save him a couple hundred pounds actually. This I feel is the recommended route, provided you're happy to wait for the Citizenship number to come through.

joshua77
Newly Registered

Post by joshua77 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:27 am

thanks sunnysomerset

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:07 pm

sunnysomerset wrote:You do NOT have to declare anything about your child. You only have to declare people you want to get visas for.

My friend who has two children and is about to qualify for ILR wont declare either of his children on his SET(o) and will directly apply for their Citizenship, which should save him a couple hundred pounds actually. This I feel is the recommended route, provided you're happy to wait for the Citizenship number to come through.
How you can skip all the kids on the application form when applying ILR?

Lets say you have two kids, one already has dependant visa and the other is new born without any visa or record till that time.

When you fill in your application for ILR, you need to do that for dependant child as well who is already on the record as your dependant, BECAUSE otherwise when your original leave is finished (either during the waiting time for the ILR Decision OR any other scenario), it is understood that the dependant's leave is also finished hence overstayed

But offcourse you can always skip the new born and apply whenever, either after ILR or later......

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:09 pm

I have same case and irl due this month. My baby born in March this year I didn't applied his dependent visa even passport. I am just confused shall I take him on our PEO appointment or not. Just get worried that they ask me about my baby dependent visa or his status. But he is just registered here with his birth certificate.

May be I am anxious lot but need some advice shall I bring him on our appointment day or I arrange him child-minder. Please advice.
Thanks

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:48 am

tsadeel79 wrote:I have same case and irl due this month. My baby born in March this year I didn't applied his dependent visa even passport. I am just confused shall I take him on our PEO appointment or not. Just get worried that they ask me about my baby dependent visa or his status. But he is just registered here with his birth certificate.

May be I am anxious lot but need some advice shall I bring him on our appointment day or I arrange him child-minder. Please advice.
Thanks
You don't have to worry. Relax. They will ask no questions.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

joshua77
Newly Registered

Post by joshua77 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:13 pm

tsadeel79 wrote:I have same case and irl due this month. My baby born in March this year I didn't applied his dependent visa even passport. I am just confused shall I take him on our PEO appointment or not. Just get worried that they ask me about my baby dependent visa or his status. But he is just registered here with his birth certificate.

Thanks
Hello tsadeel 79, could you please share your expreience. Did you actually mentioned the name of your child on the visa application? Did you actually took him to the PEO appoinment?
Thanks

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:33 pm

joshua77 wrote:
could you please share your expreience. Did you actually mentioned the name of your child on the visa application? Did you actually took him to the PEO appoinment?
Thanks
My daughter born in March 2013 and I got ILR in July 2014 I didn't include her in ILR application later once I got ILR in July 2014 I applied naturalisation for her in Aug 2014 and waiting for her certificate hopefully get soon.

read this link and children section
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html