ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which form to apply for ILR for dependents over 18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rollie
Newly Registered

which form to apply for ILR for dependents over 18

Post by rollie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Hello,

I have been here with my children as my dependents. I was approved originally under HSMP and have received FLR.

Both my children were below 18 when we came to the UK. They will be over 18 when we apply for ILR but are still very much dependent on me.

I would like to enqure which form should be used for them.
Would it be Form Set (O) separate from mine?

Please confirm.

Thanks
Rollie

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:42 pm

SET(F)

regards

rollie
Newly Registered

Form Set(F) - queries on Secion 4 for dependents living here

Post by rollie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have the following questions:
1) In the form Set(F), there are questions in Section 4 on residence before living in the UK. As we will have been living in the UK since 2007, are these still relevant?
2) Since there is no service for PEO for Form Set(F), should I apply first and hopefully receive approval for ILR, and then only submit the postal form for my children?

Thank you,
Regards,
Rollie

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Form Set(F) - queries on Secion 4 for dependents living

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:40 pm

rollie wrote:2) Since there is no service for PEO for Form Set(F),
There is (see Guide SET(F)).

I think you should be able to book a family appointment for in-person application(s) but, in addition to the SET(O) form, you'll also need to use SET(F) form for your over-18 children and pay additional fees.

Do check with UKBA.

regards

rollie
Newly Registered

Post by rollie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi,

Thanks again. You are really responsive. :)

I checked the guidance for Set F and it states the following:

"We offer a premium service to people who apply in person at our Public Enquiry Offices (PEOs) for Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependent Relative aged 18 or over of a person present and settled in the UK, applying under para 317 of the immigration rules. This service is available only for applications which are straightforward and do not require further enquiries. The premium rate of £2050 has to be paid for this service. Please note: the premium service is currently unavailable for this application type."

Any ideas on this query, please?
1) In the form Set(F), there are questions in Section 4 on residence before living in the UK. As we will have been living in the UK since 2007, are these still relevant?

Thanks
Rollie

pcb_in

Post by pcb_in » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 am

Hi,
I have similar situation, But when I checked with home office by phone they said that I have to submit separate SET(O) form for dependent children over 18 when they apply with main applicant for ILR. SET(F) for is for children whose parent/s already have settled (ILR) status. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Best Regards
PC

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 am

I have the same situation. I called UKBA and was informed that my daughter who is aged more than 18 should apply on a seperate SET-O application. If applying in person then she should take a seperate appointment on the same day for the next spot. That is if my appointment is at 10.00am, her appointment is to be booked for 10.30am. However, they could not answer to my question as to the documents to be provied to prove that my daughter is not leading a independent life. She is now in India in an Engineering University. Any body with suggetions?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Follow UKBA's advice on the matter, but to be on a safe side take both SET (O) and SET(F) forms (duly filled) to the PEO. No harm!

regards

Lilit_M
Newly Registered

Re: which form to apply for ILR for dependents over 18

Post by Lilit_M » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for ILR from Tier 1 (general). It looks like there is only one form to complete for the main applicant + dependents, in my case it is my husband and my son. Do I understand it correct ? Could anyone please confirm that application for the main applicant, dependent 1 (spouse) and dependent 2 (child) should be done via one form Set (O)?

Kind regards,
Lily

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:53 pm

application for the main applicant, dependent 1 (spouse) and dependent 2 (child) should be done via one form Set (O)?
Yes, 1 form for main and dependent and child under 18.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lilit_M
Newly Registered

Post by Lilit_M » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:27 am

Many thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Lily