ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

An immigration plan. Will it be likely to work?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

us.student
Newly Registered

An immigration plan. Will it be likely to work?

Post by us.student » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Hello-

I am a US citizen and wish to immigrate to the UK under a fiance visa, to marry my partner, who is a citizen of the UK.

My plan assumes two things:

1. My partner is exempt from the minimum income requirement if she receives any level of DLA benefits.

2. I can provide the income required for "adequate maintenance" from my own savings, as the US citizen applicant.

We will be living as a family of two adults with our child. Using the income support calculation, I find this means that we will need slightly less than 200 pounds per week of income.

Based on the [savings] / 104 rule (given here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 04025.html), I would then need to have 20800 pounds in savings to provide adequate maintenance without relying on my partner's income in any way.

In reality, my partner would have some level of income from DLA, and a child support benefit, so I would likely need some slightly lesser amount than what I've calculated here.

Is this a sound plan?

Thank you for your time and consideration!