ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set o for ilr-life in the uk-Help!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dalibora
Newly Registered

set o for ilr-life in the uk-Help!!!

Post by dalibora » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:14 pm

hi guys,
i need a big help.did you have to pass life in the uk test.in koll form says that those ones applying under 6 years dlr visa do not need to pass a test,also when i called ukba they told me so aswell.
i am confused because in set o form in section 4 knowledge of language and life in the uk under 4.3 there is nothing to tick under that rule-categories not subject of knowledge of language and life.
who helped you with application?
please help..i am struggling and panicking now.my visa expires on 4th oct
i have been granted 2 times dlr visa,each time 3 years so in total 6 years of dlr.

sorry i posted new topic....it is urgent matter to me and i wanted to get help from all of you.
thank you

Obie
Ireland

Re: set o for ilr-life in the uk-Help!!!

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:21 pm

People who are on DLR (6 Years Route) do not require Life in the UK or English language Test for SEt (O)
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dalibora
Newly Registered

Post by dalibora » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:34 am

thank you obie...did you apply for ilr on set o application as well

dalibora
Newly Registered

Post by dalibora » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:27 am

I just found that I supposed to apply on form DL not SET o..the reason is I originaly applied for asylum and was refused. they granted me dlr for a reason not covered by the immigration rules,as explained.
Does any of you have a same story and still applied for ILR under 6 years completion of DLR
thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:17 pm

If you were granted Humanitarian Protection for a failed asylum application that would be SET(P) but that means you'd have been given 5 years leave.

Those granted DLR on a 6 year route to settlement (2 x 3 years) apply to settle on SET(O).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:51 pm

dalibora wrote:I just found that I supposed to apply on form DL not SET o..the reason is I originaly applied for asylum and was refused. they granted me dlr for a reason not covered by the immigration rules,as explained.
Does any of you have a same story and still applied for ILR under 6 years completion of DLR
thanks
No i did not apply for DLR as i am not on DL leave (2x3years) , so i do not need to.

After ELR was abolished sometime in 2003, the government put in place DL or HP .

If you were granted DL for 3 years and after that you were granted a further 3 yrs DL , then you cannot use SET P, you must apply under SET (O).

FLR(O) may not be necessary as you have had 6 years residence already.

SET P, if i am correct is for people who were issued with refugee status or Humanitarian protection for 5 year, under Article 15 of the Qualification Directive.

dalibora
Newly Registered

Post by dalibora » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:30 pm

thank you guys,
i think i would need solicitors help.i have called 2-3 solicitors already and all of them gave me not straight forward answers. apparently whoever applied for asylum and was refused and later been given dlr on 6 years supposed to apply for further dlr or settlement under form DL,i think this form used to be HPDL form..there is an issue with grant as well, if there was DLR under article 3 or Article 8.solicitor mention that if you are on article 3 you can apply for ILR under SET O but if under article 8 she was not sure.

anyway what was yours solicitor cost for set o or did you fill in application yourselves?

thank a lot guys

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:37 pm

That is completely rubbish.

Both lawyers don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about.