ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to UK 4 months after spouse visa granted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sarban1234
Newly Registered

Traveling to UK 4 months after spouse visa granted

Post by Sarban1234 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi Everyone,
My wife was issued a spouse visa to come to UK in June 2014, she plans to come to UK in October which would be 4 months after she was granted a visa, would that not be a problem for her ? I hear some people say you must travel to UK within 3 months of the date of visa issue. Her visa doesn't say anything, it's got valid from ( June 2104 ) and expiry ( March 2017 )
Any replies would be much appreciated.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Traveling to UK 4 months after spouse visa granted

Post by MPH80 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:15 am

The catch is when you come to ILR. The current rules say that you must have completed 60 months of leave to remain. You can only count the time you were in the UK with the entry clearance (e.g. time before you arrive doesn't count).

So - if you stay outside for 4 months and the visa is granted for 33 - then this visa will only give you 29 months of credit toward the 60. So when you get your extension for a further 30 months - you might have to apply for one more extension to reach the 60.

However, this depends entirely on the exact dates of the visas, dates of arrival etc.

M.

Sarban1234
Newly Registered

Post by Sarban1234 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:33 am

Thank You for the advice,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Spouses/partners are given 3 months additional leave when they are first granted EC, meaning the first leave will be 33 months. You can apply to settled from 28 days before 5 years completes. So technically you can delay entry into the UK for 3 months and 27 days.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.