ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu National wants to end marriage before 3 years

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

too old
Pakistan

Eu National wants to end marriage before 3 years

Post by too old » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 pm

HI all and thanks to all of you who keeps sharing their knowledge here.

I got married in october 2012 and was issued RC in may 2013. I am working as an engineer now. My wife has all of sudden decided that she can not cope with this and she wants to end the marriage so that she can be free and claim benefits like house and stuff.

my question is can i switch to work visa from my current status if my company agreed as i am on probation now and it ends in the end of this year. Life is like living hell now with the Eu national threating and whinging about everything. Please some one educate me about my options as its such a hard time and hard to think straight. Appreciate in advance ur responses.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Eu National wants to end marriage before 3 years

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:25 am

Well you will have to go on the PBS , provided your employer can sponsor you, but you will need to leave the country and apply from overseas.

Do you have a child together.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:41 pm

No Unfortunately i could not afford to have a child plus she is not ready as well.

as i understand from your response is that if i want to switch i will need to go outside Uk and enter back sponsored by my company obie?

Can i ask here that say i manage to linger along mid next year and then let her file divorce before october 15 and it takes her time to get it all over not before october 2015. In that situation will i be able to apply for RoR ? As by looking at her attitude she is not ready to listen to me or co operate. I do believe in mediation but this unfortunate situation is effrcting me.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:14 pm

With due respect but its true that a lot relations break when either of the partner not willing for generating children because it does not strengthen the relationship rather create doubts. The best gift for human is children which softened even stubborn heart. I will suggest you to try to apologize by giving a nice bunch of flowers and assure her to start trying build family by forget all old memories. Try to focus and assure her to start built family and even try to involve her older family member like parents. Please try to do it, maybe that is the cause which you resolve by this way. And remember
"If you want to shine like sun firstly you have to burn like it"
Best of luck
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Good word of advise.

I wish you all the best, if she is still here and decides to stay.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks a lot for the good words as i have been doing some repairs and it means a lot.

Can i just politely ask you experienced admins to ans my humble query about ror as i am been trying to talk to my wife but its good to know what i requested in my last comment. Many thanks

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:16 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:With due respect but its true that a lot relations break when either of the partner not willing for generating children because it does not strengthen the relationship rather create doubts. The best gift for human is children which softened even stubborn heart. I will suggest you to try to apologize by giving a nice bunch of flowers and assure her to start trying build family by forget all old memories. Try to focus and assure her to start built family and even try to involve her older family member like parents. Please try to do it, maybe that is the cause which you resolve by this way. And remember
Best of luck
Oh, what a bunch of rubbish. Kids do not strengthen any relationship. The relationship itself is between two people. Kids are all and good if both want, but if this is not the case having children is a mistake. Having a child is a huge responsibility and it would not be just and fair neither to the child nor to the parents if the situation was forced in order to have a child, if one of the parts involved is not ready for such a step.

The reason their relationship has broken down is theirs and theirs alone. Do not try to guess and assume that their relationship has broken down because they didn't have a child. A marriage is already a family, they already started a family when they married, regardless of having children or not. Stop giving bad advice, telling people to involve the other part's family members. It is their decision, not their family. Motivating people to use peer pressure to achieve their own objective is just bad.

This is a forum about immigration, not religion, not family life, not relationship advice. Keep it to it.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Hubba wrote:
UKBA HUNTER wrote:With due respect but its true that a lot relations break when either of the partner not willing for generating children because it does not strengthen the relationship rather create doubts. The best gift for human is children which softened even stubborn heart. I will suggest you to try to apologize by giving a nice bunch of flowers and assure her to start trying build family by forget all old memories. Try to focus and assure her to start built family and even try to involve her older family member like parents. Please try to do it, maybe that is the cause which you resolve by this way. And remember
Best of luck
Oh, what a bunch of rubbish. Kids do not strengthen any relationship. The relationship itself is between two people. Kids are all and good if both want, but if this is not the case having children is a mistake. Having a child is a huge responsibility and it would not be just and fair neither to the child nor to the parents if the situation was forced in order to have a child, if one of the parts involved is not ready for such a step.

The reason their relationship has broken down is theirs and theirs alone. Do not try to guess and assume that their relationship has broken down because they didn't have a child. A marriage is already a family, they already started a family when they married, regardless of having children or not. Stop giving bad advice, telling people to involve the other part's family members. It is their decision, not their family. Motivating people to use peer pressure to achieve their own objective is just bad.

This is a forum about immigration, not religion, not family life, not relationship advice. Keep it to it.
I wish I can give you a very good reply which hovering in my mind right now but lucky you its the best forum run by excellent moderators governing board rules. Kids does strength relationship between man and woman. To a factual fact you saying rubbish which may mean you are or about to be in same situation where op is now and trying to ease your mind. I only give general advice, best advice giving people are amber, Vinny, Obie who expert in those matters.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:48 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:
Hubba wrote:
Best of luck

I wish I can give you a very good reply which hovering in my mind right now but lucky you its the best forum run by excellent moderators governing board rules. Kids does strength relationship between man and woman. To a factual fact you saying rubbish which may mean you are or about to be in same situation where op is now and trying to ease your mind. I only give general advice, best advice giving people are amber, Vinny, Obie who expert in those matters.
Kids do not strenghten the relationship between man and woman. Having a child to try to savage a ruined relationship is to disrespect the will of each individual and to be sincere, is a disrespect to the child as well. But I'm not here to change your mind about this subject, since everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

What I'm here to is to give good advice and, if possible, help whoever reads this forum to sieve through bad advice whenever such thing is posted.

Let me give you a piece of my mind, since you simply jumped over the points I've made, without actually addressing any of them:

Using peer pressure to achieve your own means is not the attitude of someone who claims to love and wants to have a meaningful, respectul relationship with anyone. When it comes to relationships or anything really which concerns mostly to the individual, it is up to such individual to make their own mind. If such person is having trouble to make their own decision, it is then their decision to ask for advice of whoever they want;

This is an immigration forum, not a relationship, family life, or any other subject. This is not the place to advise anyone on having a family, or how to build their family.

I'm very sorry OP's relationship has broken down and I'm pretty sure he has already tried to make amends. I'm pretty sure he has people much more important on his life than people in an anonymous forum in the internet to give him relationship advice. Regardless of that, OP hasn't asked for relationship advice. Why bring this subject to the discussion?

And no, I don't have a situation, neither see myself in such situation anywhere in the future, but that just goes on to show how prejudiced you are if someone contradicts your point.

I'll see myself out of this thread now, since I can't really give good advice to the OP. I believe Obie has already pointed out what he can do, immigration wise.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Please guys can we calm down and take things easy so that this thread doesn't degenerate.

I believe OP has go the advise he sought.

If wife is in the UK and exercising treaty rights, then he may be fine until October.

That is the legal position.

I will be forced to close this thread, if it appears that things are getting out of control.

I hope it will not be necessary for me to resort to that.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:02 pm

What you not trying to grasp is that the whole concept of EU directive and the rights which non-eu national gets is from relationship with EU national. Therefore, there are a number of remedies which can be adopted to repair these relations if these gets weakened in order to keep alive the non-eu rights. And the advise given above can be one of the remedy although it may differs but it largely applies to most of the people. The generic advise given above also indicate that why not instead of thinking about ROR why not try to repair relation and the suggestion about kids may work. And op gets back its rights via relationship with EU national kid.